Fitzgerald to coach World 7 Team

Home Forum International Fitzgerald to coach World 7 Team

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 7yrs 6mths .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cath
    Participant

Not sure if this has already been posted so sorry if it has. Wasn’t sure where to post but here it is. From the NSW Swifts “Team Talk” newsletter….

The team, comprising of predominantly Jamaican, England and Australian players, will be an exciting collaboration of all the different talents each country brings to the game of Netball.

Eight of the World 7 Team have been playing in the 2009 ANZ Championship and will be well accustomed to the New Zealand style of play.

Fitzgerald believes the World 7 team is a great concept.

“I am excited and eager to take up the challenge of working with such a variety of talented netballers

“It’s not every day that a coach gets to learn from and mould together all the different styles of Netball from around the World” she said.

2009 WORLD 7 Team
    Simone Forbes (Jamaica)
    Louisa Brownfield (England)
    Peta Scholz (Australia)
    Frances Solia (Samoa)
    Geva Mentor (England)
    Sonia Mkoloma (England)
    Althea Byfield (Jamaica)
    Natasha Chokljat (Australia)
    Delmeza McCloud (Australia)
    Tamsin Greenway (England)
    Megan Dehn (Australia)

Interesting team!! I hadn’t read this team before. Interesting to see Scholz in there!!

Corry

And Chokky. Does that mean she’s not going to push for a spot in the Aus team?

Ian
    Keymaster

It looks that way.

RSI

Dunno why I made this assumption but I assumed there wouldn’t be any Australians in the World team given that it would be against Australia.

RSI

And 11’s a funny number.

Ian
    Keymaster

@rsi wrote:

Dunno why I made this assumption but I assumed there wouldn’t be any Australians in the World team given that it would be against Australia.

This is for the games against NZ, RSI. We don’t know for sure that this will be the same lineup that plays against Australia. The Australian match isn’t mentioned. :?

Who knows. For the Australian game, perhaps they could possibly replace those 4 Australians with 4 NZ players who aren’t in the current Silver Ferns squad – Wilson, Wilkins etc .

Hotshot
    Participant

Wheres Cookey!? And Aiken!? :shocked :?

They are so screwed!

RSI

@ian wrote:

This is for the games against NZ, RSI.

Oops, silly me.

Ian
    Keymaster

Yep. I was right, RSI. ;)

It looks like Australian players will be replaced by NZ ones for the Adelaide game. Also, Robyn Broughton will take over from Fitzgerald as coach.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)