WEST COAST FEVER 2019

Home Forum Australia WEST COAST FEVER 2019

This topic contains 147 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Dec 5, 2018 at 10:33 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    summerhill3

SM is in an uproar. Over 3500 comments/shares on FB suggests fans aren’t happy.

sally

Fans are livid! A great show of support for Nat. #teamMedhurst

Flb

I haven’t commented on how much I loath the #gotgrit used by West Coast Fever, I suppose I have suffered in silence for some time amidst all the ridiculous pop psychology of the notion of “grit”. Anyhow, this article sums up much of how I feel about the term: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-limits-of-grit?reload=true

Sorry this is a little off topic, but it has been driving me bonkers for a while and the Medhurst business has tipped me over the edge!

Luvpav

So who is our young gun GA?

sevm

Kiara Austin?

Luvpav

SM is in an uproar. Over 3500 comments/shares on FB suggests fans aren’t happy.

Go for a scroll back through the WCF FB page and compare that to their other posts. A lot of people being outraged for the sake of being outraged methinks.

Stupid comment in my opinion!

Luvpav

Kiara Austin?

Interesting comment given that she is a training partner for the Aussie team! Someone mentioned that Lisa A and Stacey M have a thing going between them. ie get rid of Nat Medhurst.

Luvpav

Facebook going off!!

TACTIXSUPPORTER

They will need a good GA to help that average midcourt. Letting Medhurst go will backfire.

Tully

So who is our young gun GA?

According to this article…. Alice Teague-Neeld

with Stanton on 1 year contract and Francis a 2 year contract.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-fever/young-goal-attack-alice-teague-neeld-in-west-coast-fevers-sights-to-replace-nat-medhurst-ng-b88946756z

Kat

swapping Medhurst for Teague-Neeld, WOW.

A great decision, NOT.  If this happens??

Turningpoint

This could be great for Nat.

Back to AT. She could conceivably play 2 years and provide much needed experience to their rebuild. Chelsea Pitman should have fitted this bill but it appears she is better suited to working with stronger players.

At Collingwood. Their individual talent hasn’t gelled. They’ve misfired in the GA position. Nat is a strong solution. The Pies do lose Erin and Alice. I’m not sure if Nat rubs people up the wrong way. She does say how it is and also speaks her mind. Thwaites would thrive under a feeding GA like Nat. In saying that. Taking pressure off the GS is about taking shots and attracting defenders. I think Nat needs to rethink this part of her game.

In both instances Nat is a 2 year fix for both those clubs.

In terms of the Fever. I hope it is not back room stuff. Nat not being part of their plans should have been discussed with Nat weeks ago so she could get on the front foot with her career. She’s a professional.

To not allow Nat to explore opportunity elsewhere smacks of semi-professionalism when professionalism is required. IMO it has an element of  disloyalty. Nat has provided exceptional service. In fairness. She’s supported a Team that languished last year. In 2018 she bailed out their midcourt. That last quarter round 14. 22-11. That was Nat. That provided the impetus to beat GWS going into the Semi.

The Fever midcourt is learning. 2019 will test their capability.

Is Alice the solution? She’s 23 next year. Her game is still evolving and she represents a long term solution. Having watched her play. She goes ok. Still, her game didn’t convince the Pies to play her in front of Erin Bell.

I thought Fever had a real window of success. With Nat. So 2019 will be interesting.

I want Nat to play in 2019 and beyond. She’s not just my favourite player. She’s a real asset to any Team.

:ireful: :beg:

NettySuperFan

Fever will pay very heavily for that decision. And if it true they are looking for ATN, shes not from Perth anyway, is she? so that would hardly be developing up-and-coming WA talent which they claimed was the reason in the article!

GoSwifts

At least with ATN they don’t have to change the GA game plan.  The GA for Fever is just another WA with the ability to play in the circle.  ATN will be able to feed the ball to Fowler with the very occasional attempt at goal as has been her game plan since she came up from ANL.

Luvpav

Wow ATN for Medhurst! What a coup!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.