Watch: Tri-Tournament

Home Forum United Kingdom Watch: Tri-Tournament

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bluebird Dec 18, 2018 at 12:48 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo

netballnut

Thanks for posting this! Good to see this is on the BBC.

Ian

Jinxibo

Guthrie on the bench for the first game, Friday is at GS

boogieya

Lol well it’s a shit day weather wise here in the UK.

Ive got a washing machine guy trying to fix my very temperamental appliance so

clicked on link…. how nice to see BBC coverage of Netball in the UK

but my god it’s so slow!!!! Poor Serena is having to apply the brakes.

Jinxibo

Washing machine guys huh  ;-)   ;-)   ;-)

so the match was on a fast spin for you  :biggrin:

Jinxibo

Game 1

Bath 40   Surrey 34

matches are 4 qtrs, each lasting 10 mins

Jinxibo

Washing machine guys huh ;-) ;-) ;-)

so the match was on a fast spin for you :biggrin:

scratch that comment. I’ve had too much christmas spirit  :shock:   :shock:   :shock:

Jinxibo

Game 2

Mavs 48    Surrey 46

interesting game Mavs had a 12 goal lead at one point when Kadeem was GS. In the last qtr she was GA. She has some beautiful touches and passages of play but she threw so much away. All Mavs had to do was score on their own centre passes and she just didn’t adjust. She was playing at a different speed to the rest of her team. At times she needed to stop and slow it down to keep possession but she just threw it away… Mavs were very lucky to hold on for the win

Bluebird

When did Lauren Nicholls sign for Mavs? I know she was released by lightning but its a surprise to see her in Mavs def circle.

Jinxibo

Game 3

Bath 46     Mavs 32

netballnut

Standout for me today was Kim Commane at GS – strong, available, and accurate on the shot. Very similar to how she played against Lightining earlier this year. I wonder how they will use both her and Beryl Friday, who was also good today. I was also impressed with Sophie Drakeford-Lewis, who I hope develops into an England GA option for the next cycle.

Bath looked good – a bit scrappy in the first game after a good start, but really picked it up in the second game. They were good defensively last year but their attack, particularly Kadeen Corbin and Chelsea Lewis let them down – will see how Kim and Beryl go in their place. Guthrie was as expected, although had limited court time due to managing an ankle injury.

Kadeen Corbin showed why she shouldn’t be anywhere near the England squad – incredibly athletic, but too erratic, threw far too much ball away and needed to slow down at times. Mavericks have the players to challenge but need to develop their connections a bit more, especially in attack. Georgie Fisher started well in the first game but went missing a bit after that. All of the Mavs shooters (Fisher, Corbin & Karyn Bailey) got good time at both GS and GA, so it will be interesting to see how they line up.

I think Storm will struggle against the stronger teams – expect this to be Wasps, Thunder, Bath and probably Mavs this year.

Only 3 weeks to go till the VSNL season starts on 5th Jan.

Bluebird

Did I miss Friday play WA? Only Team Bath played both their imports in the shooting circle.

Ian

She is not a WA, she’s a shooter. If EN fell for that trick in allowing them to register both imports, then I’d suggest there’s a simple solution. Your imports can come from the same section of the court if you wish, but they can’t both play there at the same time in an official game. So in other words, Commane and Friday can both be shooters, but not on court at the same time.

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.