WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2019

Home Forum New Zealand WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2019

This topic contains 65 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Mar 15, 2019 at 9:47 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    minkie

Ian never used say shady things like that. Always Mr PC never takes sides. Throws the odd dad joke. Must be getting bitter in your old age huh?

Whats going on Ian? Sure we’re rivals but we’ve never hit below the belt before? Be a shame if thats what this site allows to happen.

ahdz

Let’s just take a deep breath guys lol.

minkie

Few months back you made the comment about Jens weight, before that about another player. Other posters both sides of the ocean took offense (thank god). Some Aus players have similar body sizes but we’d never dream of mentioning it. Its just below the belt comments.

minkie

Ahdz ty mate but fairs fair, the innuendoes need to stop

Maryann

I have to be hopeful Maryann that they’ll be OK lol. I’ll be a Magic supporter regardless, would be awesome to make it home for a game or two as well.

I’ve been a Mystics supporter for years as well as a Tactix one.  I ride the highs and the lows but my loyalty will never waver :)

Kat

I live in NZ.  I do think there are some lazy NZers, some lazy Australians, I think there are lazy people in every country.

I also think there are some netball players in the ANZ championship teams that could be fitter.  Even some of the TV commentators mention certain players and their fitness level.

I think some teams do “fitness” better than others.

TB

I thought it was common knowledge, that the NZ teams dont train harder than the Aus teams?  Theres a reason why a player like Laura Langman, prefers to play in Aus.

It was exposed back in the ANZC days. Its not insulting us, its stating what is. I agree with Ians comments (in the past), that some players in the ANZP do not look fit!

The only one that springs to mind in the SSN is Kim Commane – who was used as a replacement player.

Kat

I agree with TB.

Turningpoint

I live in NZ. I do think there are some lazy NZers, some lazy Australians, I think there are lazy people in every country.

I also think there are some netball players in the ANZ championship teams that could be fitter. Even some of the TV commentators mention certain players and their fitness level.

I think some teams do “fitness” better than others.

Couldn’t agree more.

Game intensity is driven by fitness levels.

Fitness, practice and work ethic sets the standard. Without this you have a very short shelf life in any sport. No matter the Country.

mcleod

The thing is with all of the ANZ teams is that they have a mix of Pacific Island/Maori/Pakeha.

Some of the players come from very large families (not size wise). and quite poor families.  They are brought up to eat what is put in front of them, or go hungry.

Temalisi is one of 8 kids, Cat Latu 1 of 9 kids, I am sure there are more like that.

All of a sudden they make a ANZ/Beko team, leave home and shit, have to eat food that they may not have had before, leaving the family life is massive,

It is a culture shock from some of them, and can take quite sometime to get used to, some never adjust.

NettySuperFan

The thing is with all of the ANZ teams is that they have a mix of Pacific Island/Maori/Pakeha.

Some of the players come from very large families (not size wise). and quite poor families. They are brought up to eat what is put in front of them, or go hungry.

Temalisi is one of 8 kids, Cat Latu 1 of 9 kids, I am sure there are more like that.

All of a sudden they make a ANZ/Beko team, leave home and shit, have to eat food that they may not have had before, leaving the family life is massive,

It is a culture shock from some of them, and can take quite sometime to get used to, some never adjust.

What does that have to do with anything? You’ve lost me

NZChampion

I have heard this from several posts. What off court issues does Abigail have?

Someone in the know please tell.

I’m not in the know and I could be wrong, but I thought it had to do with a poor work ethic, not training hard enough etc. Which is sort of the same issues with Kristina Brice. And now they’re both in NZ. So I guess that tells you something.

This is an assumption. It’s not based on anything factual. Whether its true or not, this type of assuming shouldn’t come from one of the main admins from this page.

Mystics are the only team that were lacking in fitness. Particularly Corletto noticing it when she was in the team. That was a fair assessment and rumours proved to be true. But that falls more on Deb Fuller as a coach. Yes some of the losses generally appeared to be fitness issues, but I think there was more physiological weakness that hingered most teams. Tactix, Steel and Magic have never been accused of being unfit. But let’s not let the truth get in the way. Now every NZ team is unfit and fat. ??

minkie

Wow Ian *take a bow*

Guyza

I think this is such an underwhelming line-up. No matter how defensively strong Magic are, Falkner is a really shaky shot. Hopefully ALM excels and McPhee steps up to give NZ another young GS option.

I just hate the imbalance – Magic are devoid of any shooting presence and the Steel/Pulse have proven starting players (likely O’Connell/Metuarau) warming the bench.

Guyza

What do people think Potgieter’s reason may have been for leaving? I guess a few more $$ but it can’t be anything massive.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.