Tracey Nevilles pencil

Home Forum United Kingdom Tracey Nevilles pencil

This topic contains 58 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Jinxibo May 19, 2019 at 6:59 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Ash72

I totally agree. I think because everyone has WC on their minds it’s making both players and coaches act rashly regarding management of injury/fitness.  Everyone wants the best players for their squad but surely not at any cost.

Hopefully Pitman will be okay and if not then Haythornthwaite will just have to drink plenty of Red Bull for the big games!

Nimbostratus

I would go:

Shooters – Harten, Housby, Nat H, Rachel Dunn

Mids – Guthrie, Pitman, Clarke, Panagarry

Defence – Geva, Layla Guscoth, EUB, Fran Williams

But Ama seems like she is an amazing captain so can they take her along anyway for support!? That might be a bit mean though 😕

Ash72

I would go:

Shooters – Harten, Housby, Nat H, Rachel Dunn

Mids – Guthrie, Pitman, Clarke, Panagarry

Defence – Geva, Layla Guscoth, EUB, Fran Williams

But Ama seems like she is an amazing captain so can they take her along anyway for support!? That might be a bit mean though :-?

It seems we’re all pretty much in agreement over the core squad-it will be interesting to see which way Neville goes regarding Haythornthwaite’s primary position (GA or WA ) as this will determine the final 12. Tracey has said she likes her at GA but personally I think she plays more freely and creatively at WA, where she doesn’t have the pressure to shoot on her.

I think it’s more important than ever before to have shooters whose first instinct is to shoot rather than pass.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ama selected if she’s fit-she does bring her best to the big games and she has been a great captain.

Can’t wait to see who gets picked😀

Bluebird

I’d put Haythornthwaite in the shooters pick. Mainly because it frees up a space for another middie.

Harten, Dunn, Housby Haythornthwaite

Clarke, Guthrie, Pitman, S. Corbin

EUB, Mentor, Guscoth, Williams

Reason I’ve picked Sasha Corbin is that she can play both C and WA. Already got 4 WD’s.

PhilT

Squad has been selected and players notified.  There is an appeals process allowed and final 12 will be announced on Sunday. I’ve heard a rumour of a shock selection so going for:

Harten, Dunn, Housby & Haythornthwaite

Clarke, Guthrie, Pitman & Darroch

EUB, Mentor, Guscoth & Williams

netballcrazy1

Squad has been selected and players notified. There is an appeals process allowed and final 12 will be announced on Sunday. I’ve heard a rumour of a shock selection so going for:

Harten, Dunn, Housby & Haythornthwaite

Clarke, Guthrie, Pitman & Darroch

EUB, Mentor, Guscoth & Williams

An appeals process? What is that? Do players get to appeal their non-selection or something?

Myao

May i know what position Darroch plays and which team she is with in VSNL. I have a theory of Eng prospective WD cover (most likely jade clarke or serena guthrie) will be in adelaide thunderbirds soon for beth cobden.

Have a glimpse of sasha corbin vs serena guthrie last few weeks. Sasha play a good C game.

And william plays quite a nice game for wasp in semi final.

And love quashie game too . EUB im not sure n yes she has all the experiences.

And i think rachel dunn put her hands up since january quad series. And combination factor, she is good for world

Pengy

Darroch plays WA/C for Severn Stars

Myao

Thanks Pengy! Watching mavericks vs seven stars at sky sports youtube channel right now.

Ash72

Darroch also plays GA, but WA is definitely her strongest position. She is also part of the Roses program on the England netball website, so she’s always been a contender. I’ve hardly seen her play this season (hardly any games televised) but based on what I’ve seen of her generally I’d be happy with her in the squad.

Can’t wait to find out!!

englishrose21

No way Darroch isn’t experienced enough. I think it will be Nat Panagarry from Loughborough Lightning. She’s been playing a lot of WD/C this season. I also think she’ll be the replacement player for Adelaide as you said Myao! But only for this season as I think she’ll want to stay in England for next year.

Myao

Lets think the 12 of january quad series squad is the good twelve to have too.

I just have concern towards pitman & haythornthwaite injury. Hope they r getting better.

Fluffy

To put in my two pennyworth, I’d go with

Shooters – Harten, Housby, George Fisher, Rachel Dunn

Mids – Guthrie, Nat Haythornthwaite, Clarke, Panagarry (Pitman only has one pace and doesn’t have a second position)

Defence – Geva, Layla Guscoth, EUB,  Quashie (tho I think Fran Williams will get it because she’s captained the U21s)

Still gutted for Beth – why bring her back so soon?  Grrr.

Jinxibo

WOW

there are some really good choices here, but i’m still sticking with,

Harten, HH, Rachel Dunn, Nat Haythornthwaite – i do like Fisher but i feel her performance has dropped. she needs a move to ANZP or SSN but i can’t see that happening

Guthrie, Clarke, Panagarry, Pitman – Nat H can cover WA and Clarke too

Geva, Layla Guscoth, EUB, Ama

yep I have to select Ama she’s my captain, Guthrie does cut it for me.

A shock selection huh – i have the feeling Ama maybe dropped in favour of Fran Williams

TACTIXSUPPORTER

What actually happened with Francis and England netball?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.