Tracey Nevilles pencil

Home Forum United Kingdom Tracey Nevilles pencil

This topic contains 58 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Jinxibo May 19, 2019 at 6:59 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo

Okay we’re almost at the end of the season. Which Roses have  TNev written down as in the squad (pen) and which are on the border and have their names written in pencil ???

IMO

PEN – Dunn, HH, Harten, Nat H, Pitman, Guthrie, Guscoth, EUB, Mentor, Ama

PENCIL – Jade C, Cobden, Jodie G, Fran Williams, Nat Panagarry

ERASED, that sounds harsh! It means they were penciled in but are injured or their performance has fallen. – Gabby M, Fisher

Nimbostratus

Not sure about Ama, she hasn’t had a very impressive season. Thought she would’ve made more of a difference for Pulse. I think Fran Williams has a good shot!

Ash72

I actually don’t feel I can answer this one, as I’ve seen so little of most of these players!

The very few Superleague matches that have been shown make it difficult to say which if these players are in form. I feel like most televised matches have featured Bath, Mavericks and Pulse and I can’t remember the last Wasps game so no idea if their Roses players are cementing their spots. Hopefully the semi finals this afternoon will provide this information 😀

I haven’t seen any of the Suncorp games, but am going to presume that our players over their are playing well😆

I actually feel like I know more about the form of the New Zealand players, as we’ve seen loads of ANZ games and I do think that some of them are showing incredible form (MSB, Ekenasio and Watson spring to mind, but both Mes and TPSR have also both improved massively in the last few games).

I’ll come back to this later after watching the 2 semi finals!

Ash72

Not sure about Ama, she hasn’t had a very impressive season. Thought she would’ve made more of a difference for Pulse. I think Fran Williams has a good shot!

I agree, Ama hasn’t looked that great-but she has a track record of putting out match winning performances in the big games so I wouldn’t rule her out.

I have tipped Fran Williams for a while now but she does lack experience, so I don’t know of Tracey would risk her over veteran Ama: Tracey does tend to favour experience over youth in terms of her core squad BUT she does always give a newbie a shot (Housby and Cobden being the most notable successes), so if Ama isn’t fully fit there’s a spot vacant……

Jinxibo

I wondered about Ama too but I haven’t seen anyone i think will replace her.

Cobden has been playing in the SSN but she hurt her knee again in todays game, by all reports it was bad. Sounds like she came back too early so she is out for WC

I don’t recall seeing Jodie G at all this season

The semis today should be interesting

Nimbostratus

Jodie G has been out all season with an injured knee.

So keen for the semis!

Ash72

If there are question marks over both Jodie and Beth, then surely this is Panagarry’s chance to grab a spot?!

Her last two performances in televised games were outstanding so let’s see what she can do today!

Jinxibo

Thanks for he update Nimbostratus,

I heard Cobden was in tears, I’m hoping someone will post some pics. Also Pitman was subbed with an injury to her foot in the same game

Ash72

In that case I’m not ruling out Greenway and Bayman for Roses spots! 😂

Jinxibo

I don’t think Pitman is serious, but if it is i’d be happy with Sasha C. She had a blinder against Guthrie … for 3/4 of a game :cool2: LOL

Bluebird

Quashie has been playing really well. She may well get the nod. I think if Pitman is injured then S. Corbin is likely to be picked. Haven’t seen many Wasps games but I would think Clarke is likely to be picked unless TNev wants Panagarry to gain big event experience.

Frankly winning CWG was a bonus, as the plan has been all about the WC so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the most experienced and capped players in the squad.

Jinxibo

Look what Ian posted on the other thread:

Tania Obst on Beth Cobden’s injury:
    “It didn’t look great, obviously, I haven’t seen her since it happened and we’ll just get it scanned and make some comments after we’ve had that.”

On Chelsea Pitman’s injury:
    “I believe it is (a calf), she did come up to me and said that she’s feeling better already, so I’m not sure what that means but we’ll get that scanned as well and make some comment around that later.”

netballnut

I’m with Ash here, it’s very difficult to assess the England players in our Superleague as we’ve seen very little of them! We’ve seen a few Bath & Mavs games but barely anything from Wasps.  Should have a better idea after the semis this week, and finals next week.

Having said that, I think there are few we can assume will be in barring injury:

Shooters – Harten, Housby, Haythornthwaite, Dunn

Mid Court – Guthrie, Pitman, + 2 spots up for grabs (I’m assuming poor Cobden will be out, it really didn’t look good earlier today)

Defence – Mentor, Guscoth, EUB, + 1 spot up for grabs

For me the other contenders are Agbeze, Quashie, Williams, Clarke, Panagarry, S. Corbin, & Fisher (although she hasn’t impressed me that much towards the end of the season). Gabby Marshal’s injury sounds like it will keep her out, and unfortunately I’d be surprised if Jodie Gibson is ready in time.

netballnut

Quashie has been playing really well. She may well get the nod. I think if Pitman is injured then S. Corbin is likely to be picked. Haven’t seen many Wasps games but I would think Clarke is likely to be picked unless TNev wants Panagarry to gain big event experience.

Frankly winning CWG was a bonus, as the plan has been all about the WC so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the most experienced and capped players in the squad.

I agree that S. Corbin has a chance if Pitman is injured – she’s had to play a lot of C this season at Mavs due to Gabby Marshal’s injury, and has improved her versatility. Besides Haythornthwaite, she’d also be the only other real WA option  – I’m NOT a fan of either Guthrie or Clarke at WA, and I don’t think Iona Darroch is anywhere near the final squad.

Panagarry is also having a great season, particularly in WD…will be keeping an eye on how she and Jade Clarke perform in today’s game.

BibsInTheAir

To me the current best defender for England after Mentor, Guscoth and EUB is Stacey Francis. Despite the Fevers below par games, she’s been in pretty good form, certainly far more so than Agbeze. Has she called it quits on playing internationally? I can’t recall ever seeing an official announcement about it, so unsure what’s going on there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.