Tracey Neville to step down after World Cup

Home Forum United Kingdom Tracey Neville to step down after World Cup

This topic contains 46 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Ash72 Jun 13, 2019 at 5:37 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Fluffy

I would maybe think Karen Atkinson but she’s just taken the Sirens job.

Please please please be Karen A – that would be amazing.  She’s got such a great netballing brain, and the respect of the players.

Jess Thirlby’s free too tho I am not so excited about her – but maybe she could assist Karen??

Jinxibo

It won’t be Dan, he had his chance when he was appointed Eng U21 coach. I believe he lasted 2 weeks, or was it less?? and that was before the Thunderbirds job.

To be fair, i think he loss than Eng role due to visa issues.

Tracey will be tough to replace. Just look at the players she has brought through the UK netball pathways, HH, Cobden, Nat H. You could also add Cardwell and Jodie G because they have both stepped up a level.

We have a LOT of raw talent, we need someone who can take them upto the next level.

Bluebird

Hoping Greenway decides baby nos 2 isn’t a reason not to go for it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/netball/48494901?__twitter_impression=true

TheBroadbean

To be honest I’d be happy with either Greenway or Atkinson.

They’ve done the hard yards with coaching Superleague teams and have had success in their own ways.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I wouldnt be surprised to see an Australian coach.  So much talent there,  and doesn’t look like Lisa A will step down anytime soon.

Maybe Wai wants it again?

TheBroadbean

Or Wai. I’d be happy with Wai too!

Ash72

They’ve done the hard yards with coaching Superleague teams and have had success in their own ways.

Me too….I can’t imagine anyone else who knows our established players and our up and coming talent as well as these two do! My worry with a coach from overseas is that they won’t have the same awareness of who has potential to step up.

Bluebird

Me too….I can’t imagine anyone else who knows our established players and our up and coming talent as well as these two do! My worry with a coach from overseas is that they won’t have the same awareness of who has potential to step up.

I really can’t see a NZ coach getting it, sorry but I don’t think they’re up to it. I reckon it will be an English coach. We don’t actually need an import coach these days, though Tanya Obst is probably the only one likely imo.

Ash72

You never know what goes on in the minds of the powers that be at England Netball though….Hopefully they’ll make Greenway an offer she can’t refuse!

TheBroadbean

Well she has said it’s an offer you can’t turn down so maybe she won’t!

Happy with either though.

Fluffy

Hoping Greenway decides baby nos 2 isn’t a reason not to go for it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/netball/48494901?__twitter_impression=true

With two children to deal with, one a baby, surely that isn’t an option?  She won’t be able to give either side of her life full focus….how will she cope with all the travelling around the country?  Tracey goes to a lot of local training sessions:  that’s not easy when you’re toting a baby.

Had forgotten about Tanya Obst – she’s been involved closely with Tracey and would be a good continuation of what Tracey has built….if she could be released by the Thunderbirds?

I

Ian

England won’t be worrying about Tracey Neville stepping down: there’s a Netball World Cup to win
    TAMSIN GREENWAY

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/netball/2019/06/03/england-wont-worrying-tracey-neville-stepping-netball-world/

Rebound1977

If they wanted an international coach, I’d be seeing if Ruth Aitken was available.  She brought several young players into the NZ squad and turned them into superstars, and she knows how to get the most out of her experienced players.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Obst is the current assistant coach of England.

But she just took me on head coach role of Tbirds.

montyb

Its regrettable that the implication from this is that pregnancy/babies and the national coaching role are mutually exclusive….. Tracey Neville guided them to a gold Medal -its be offering her around the clock nannies, IVF and anything else i could manage if i was in charge at England Netball….

I genuinely hope that this is truly a ‘choice’ for Tracey and that it reflects the type of parent she hopes to be, rather than because she sees the role as untenable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.