Podcast – The Inner Circle with Sharelle McMahon & Bianca Chatfield

Home Forum Community Podcast – The Inner Circle with Sharelle McMahon & Bianca Chatfield

This topic contains 25 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Sep 11, 2019 at 10:39 am.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    tasman

I love these podcasts. Great discussion points. I mainly value the opinions of an expert like Sharelle. I hope she never gets the diamonds coaching job hahaha

Good point Trent about the domestic combinations. I would just point out, though, that the “spine” of the ferns have been playing together for about 16 years. Folau-Langman-Rore (not in her preferred position either!)-Kopua, so may be they don’t need the domestic connections as much. But no fossils in the diamonds line up…

I like the time outs in the SSN. I really enjoy hearing what the coaches and players are saying in those tough moments. It helps me to get a deeper understanding of the strategies at play. I hope they continue televising them. But then again, i support the ferns, so i don’t mind how it impacts on the diamonds :blum3:

JR

ha ha….the review process includes the uniforms…does that include the coaching staff’s uniforms during the Gold Medal match?

Ian

tasman

Interesting to hear from Liz Watson about the selection of the players for that semi against SA – why Thwaites got the nod ahead of Bassett. But the bit about not putting on Wood against her Lightning team mates didn’t make sense, since she played against the ferns coached by NT. I suspect the truth is that they expected England in the finals and wanted to rest the true starting seven after having a hard hit out against the ferns. But LA couldn’t admit to having a starting seven as that would be very disrespectful to SA and Norma Plummer, since only 5 of those players were up against SA. And seeing how they almost lost, LA would look reckless if she ever admitted to a rotation policy for rest, particularly as this was a controversial topic at the CWG. Purely my speculation though. Or delusion :kez_11:

mcleod

Interesting to hear from Liz Watson about the selection of the players for that semi against SA – why Thwaites got the nod ahead of Bassett. But the bit about not putting on Wood against her Lightning team mates didn’t make sense, since she played against the ferns coached by NT. I suspect the truth is that they expected England in the finals and wanted to rest the true starting seven after having a hard hit out against the ferns. But LA couldn’t admit to having a starting seven as that would be very disrespectful to SA and Norma Plummer, since only 5 of those players were up against SA. And seeing how they almost lost, LA would look reckless if she ever admitted to a rotation policy for rest, particularly as this was a controversial topic at the CWG. Purely my speculation though. Or delusion :kez_11:

No you are correct, NZ hadn’t even got close to beating England in their last 3 games.

But Taurua knew what she had to do to beat England, shut Harten down (they did), run Mentor all around the court (they did)

Ian

Ian

Jbss

This was a great episode, the discussion about knee injuries were fantastic and definitely shifted my perspective/brought up some interesting points.

Ian

Ian

Ian

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.