2018 Test series – Eng v Uganda (Nov/Dec)

Home Forum International 2018 Test series – Eng v Uganda (Nov/Dec)

This topic contains 214 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  NettySuperFan Dec 14, 2018 at 11:56 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Fluffy

What is the fascination with playing so many games there? What about the rest of the country???

Seems like EN has struck deals with two of the most unreachable venues in the country – the Liverpool arena and the Copper Box (and I live in the SE, so the CB should be easy – but isn’t).

Why on earth can’t they use somewhere in the Midlands, or the South West – Birmingham, Coventry, Bristol, Bath, or somewhere like Brighton or Bournemouth if they don’t want to venture north of Watford?  Sunday travel on public transport in the UK is third world at best, making the Copper Box unreachable unless you drive, and who wants to sit in traffic jams for hours at a time after a game with work/school/college the following day?

Am thinking they’ve released this so early because they want to capitalise on the success of the CWG team but it’s likely they’ll have to discount heavily….surely basic marketing principles would dictate that you create a demand and then make sure that people have to clamour for what you have to sell, not let everything out there on a plate from day one?  I see a lot of heavily discounted tickets and draped seats (to cover the spaces) in EN’s future…. :rolleyes:

Jinxibo

England A to face Scotland during Uganda Series

England A will face the Scottish Thistles prior to the England Roses going head-to-head with Uganda in the first match of the Vitality Netball International Series at the Echo Arena on Tuesday 27th November.

Doors will now open at 4:00pm with the curtain raiser set to start at 4:30pm.

If you have already purchased tickets for the Liverpool fixture, you will be able to attend the England A match at no extra cost.

full story

this should be a nice game, especially if Scotland have their full strength team

netballcrazy1

Hopefully Fowler is there.

Ian

Jinxibo

Well, this is not the squad I expected.

Ama is injured, according to the BBC website, and not taking part. Picked up her injury in Jamaica.

I expected Cardwell and Ella C. I think Cardwell got a knock during the fast 5 and Ella C has been very disappointing. This should have been her chance to step up and :d_sunny:   but it looks like NevT has turned to Dunn instead.

ECB now EUB, or is it ECBUB. :laughingneqw:  sorry…

I’m really pleased George and Gabby have been selected :yahoo:

BroadBean – you’re right about Razia she on the full time elite program thingy. Played against JFR in the JAM series, didn’t start the game, got subbed on an made a small impact. This is her chance to step up (this conversation is from a different thread)

Jinxibo

The England A squad is as follows:

Natalie Panagarry (C) Kadeen Corbin Vicki Oyesola
    Amy Carter Elleanor Cardwell Francesca Williams (VC)
    Iona Darroch Ella Clark Halimat Adio
    Sophie Drakeford-Lewis Paige Reed Summer Artman

This answers my comments about Clark and Cardwell

Ash72

Wow Rachel Dunn :shock: I actually commented somewhere on here that she was a stronger shooter than Corbin, Clark and  Cardwell but I didn’t see that coming!

Ash72

But actually thinking it through, Neville did use Dunn when both Housby and Haythornthwaite were being tried as shooters. Dunn already has a good relationship with Fisher from their time at Wasps, so she is the perfect person to help settle Fisher in the shooting circle especially if she plays GA to Fisher’s GS…..she’s also a pretty handy GS to have on the bench!

Ian

Fluffy

Disappointed for Panagarry that it looks like she’s been overtaken by Gabs Marshall – tho isn’t Marshall more of a C / WD?

Otherwise good line up – look forward to seeing what Fisher can do against Uganda, and hopefully force her way into NWC contention.

Still don’t get what all the fuss is about Francesca Williams, though – I’d say Adio, Oyesola and Artman are MUCH stronger.  Hopefully this series will prove it!

Ash72

Disappointed for Panagarry that it looks like she’s been overtaken by Gabs Marshall – tho isn’t Marshall more of a C / WD?

Otherwise good line up – look forward to seeing what Fisher can do against Uganda, and hopefully force her way into NWC contention.

Still don’t get what all the fuss is about Francesca Williams, though – I’d say Adio, Oyesola and Artman are MUCH stronger. Hopefully this series will prove it!

Honestly Fluffy, I have witnessed Fran Williams playing well😁! Though I’d agree that Oyesola and Artman are stronger…Hopefully she can prove herself and doesn’t turn out to be another Lindsey Keable!!

Jinxibo

Still don’t get what all the fuss is about Francesca Williams, though – I’d say Adio, Oyesola and Artman are MUCH stronger. Hopefully this series will prove it!

Honestly Fluffy, I have witnessed Fran Williams playing well😁! Though I’d agree that Oyesola and Artman are stronger…Hopefully she can prove herself and doesn’t turn out to be another Lindsey Keable!!

I wanted Pangarry in the team too and would have selected her over Clarke. Clarke has nothing to prove both Marshall and Pangarry have yet to cement their international status. I wonder if TNev is just a little worried about not winning.

Have to agree i don’t see what all the fuss is about Fran Williams but at the U21 Europe she picked up/intercepted way more ball than Oyesola. Artman was very poor against JFR, Razia was much better.

What do you think the chances are of TNev talking Francis back into the Roses?

Ash72

Stacey Francis has always been a bit of an enigma to me: she’s been in and out of the team so many times for reasons unknown. She’s definitely an amazing player who covers all 3 defence positions so handy to have but who knows what goes on behind the scenes…

albinogiraffe

Chances of Stacey back in the Roses…. slim to none

_Mimi_

Hopefully Uganda are able to field their strongest line-up because this could be a really interesting series. They gave England a really good battle at the Comm Games, they were 10 down at 1/4 time and then actually won the the rest of the game 41-37, just a shame they had a slow start. And this time the Roses are without Mentor and Harten.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.