Technical queries, requests, suggestions

Home Forum Site Feedback Technical queries, requests, suggestions

This topic contains 126 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  James Jun 24, 2019 at 5:45 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Jbss

Hi Jackie, thanks for everything you’re doing, I’m not sure how to report it but some spam posts have come up on the page. Just in case you weren’t aware and need to do something about it. Thanks again

abletec

When you sleep, you gotta pay, I guess. That stuff came in between the time I deactivated Stop Spammers & installed Cerber Security. I think I’ve cleaned the garbage out, but, folks, if you see any I missed, please just drop a line here, telling me where to find the garbage, & I’ll see it’s taken care of.

JR

I had the Captcha problem as described by caribou while I was at the Vixens – Swifts game yesterday afternoon. Tried two times before I gave up posting on that game’s thread.

Thanks for all your efforts Jackie.

abletec

Hopefully I’ve fixed it permanently, JR. I am so sorry that happened to you. Thank you for telling me. Keep up your great work here!

Jbss

Thanks for sorting out the spam it’s not on my screen anymore

JR

Hopefully I’ve fixed it permanently, JR. I am so sorry that happened to you. Thank you for telling me. Keep up your great work here!

Ha, that’s the second time I’ve been to a game and been Captcha’d out of posting on the game thread…probably good for me to not try and multi-task! So I just sat there with hunched shoulders, arms crossed and a my best grumpy cat face as I watched my team be a rabble …and not posting after those first two attempts.

abletec

Glad I nuked it all, Jbbs. JR, sometimes maybe not being able to post is good, especially if you say something you wish you could take back later lol. But I hope I’ve fixed it so that won’t happen again. & then if you need to take something back, it’s all on you rofl.

Jbss

Hi Jackie, just letting you know a bit of spam has popped up on the NZ section of the forum and maybe its in other places too.

caribou

Thanks for all your work on maintaining the site Jackie, and for the clear detailed descriptions of both the problems and fixes you are finding

abletec

Glad to help, Caribou; & jbbs, thanks for notifying me of the garbage. It should be gone now. Please let me know if not.

NettieCritic

Can anyone tell me how many support staff you are allowed on your bench at any one time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jbss

Hi Jackie, sorry to always be the one bringing bad news but there’s a heap of spam in the world section on the forum.

mcleod

Hi Jackie, sorry to always be the one bringing bad news but there’s a heap of spam in the world section on the forum.

Out in force today with Chinese aren’t they.

Pardalote

I think Ian – officially a Living Treasure – is manfully trying to delete it, but I fear he will be overwhelmed. Suffice to say we are aware there is a vulnerability, and, ironically, at a meeting last night we decided to take the advice of the techos to rebuild the site, spending lots of money into the bargain. Maybe the hackers were listening in to  our meeting and decided to get in before we were able to strengthen the site. I will write a fuller post about this in the next day or two – too busy fighting metaphorical fires at the moment.

abletec

In addition to deleting the bad topics, I’ve also been deleting users who registered prior to my implementation of the current security solution. Many of these were known spammers, & some were causing trouble. I need to study the logs now, though, & find out how it is that anonymous users could post to the forum, as that’s not supposed to be able to happen. I’ll likely need to report it to the WordPress community if I can find out precisely how that occurred.

Things seemed to have been going pretty smoothly for the past couple days, so this is a disappointment. & it happened quickly, too, as I had been up just an hour or 2 before, & everything was pristine. Folks, I really do think that changing the login & registration addresses will cut down on a lot of this.

Ian, & other keymasters, keep an eye out on the forum while I catch a bit of shut-eye, if yall would, please. I have a big cold, & I really do think some sleep would help. It would be in your best interest, I think, to keep your webservant around for a little while longer anyway. :)

I’ll visit again 1st thing in my morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.