Technical queries, requests, suggestions

Home Forum Site Feedback Technical queries, requests, suggestions

This topic contains 119 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Emily643 Jun 17, 2019 at 6:49 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    abletec

Doing that will delete any content you’ve posted. I have gone into the database for you & changed your username so your email’s no longer showing. However, if you don’t care about losing the content, & you really want the profile deleted, then I’ll of course do that for you. Just let me know your pleasure.

Ian

He had only just started here, so didn’t really have any content to worry about losing.

Maryann

The captcha issue is back for me.  Took three goes to make my post in the last thread and so far three goes to post this one.

Ian

Oh dear. I’ve been thinking how good it has been so far today.

Anonymous

just delete it so I can pick my own user name

abletec

Deleted per your request.

Pardalote

We had a message via Facebook that somebody was having trouble with Captcha – how is it for others?

abletec

I have done some considerable tweaking, thereby violating my own rule of making only 1 change at a time to see what effect it has. Yall please let me know. I’m pretty certain if trouble arises it’ll be cerca midnight cuz that’s when stuff usually goes pear-shaped.

Maryann

Had trouble on Thursday – was working perfectly for half a day then all sorts of issues with the captcha.  Came up with the circle which I ticked but indicated the images were wrongly dealt to – but no images.  Took between 3 – 12 attempts to get on on each thread by repetitively ticking the circle and patience.  By yesterday it was working perfectly again.

abletec

& this is precisely what’s making diagnosing the problem so difficult. I can’t even reproduce it myself. But I did make some changes, so let’s see if the bird flies or the dog hunts.

netballmum

Captcha is back 😢.

3 gos to post so far

caribou

So, my reCaptcha problem looks like this. iPhone 7 IOS 12.3

posting attempt gives reCaptcha box asking for the sum of two numbers. There is a press to continue button beneath the field for the answer. This whole reCaptcha box is inside a second box, which also has a press to continue button. It does not seem to make any difference which press to continue button is clicked. Once clicked, the first page of the thread loads, with a red bordered text above the field for drafting a new post, which says ‘ERROR: are you sure you wanted to do that?’

James

Recpatcha is back – on the Adelaide v QLD thread. Tried to post and it took me to recaptcha and I tried 7 times and then gave up

James

Recpatcha is back – on the Adelaide v QLD thread. Tried to post and it took me to recaptcha and I tried 7 times and then gave up

Just did 1 recaptcha on this thread and then once I verified it let me post

abletec

Hello, all, & a blessed day to everyone.

I am on your site now & will likely be for a good part of the day. I have made some significant changes which I hope will both increase this site’s security while decreasing the impact on your ability to fully enjoy the site’s many benefits.

The first thing that you need to know is that I’ve deactivated Stop Spammers. I actually did that prior to going to bed last night so whoever wanted to could post while I managed to get a little shut-eye. The result is likely some activity that both of us would prefer not occur. Stop Spammers used to be a really good plugin, but the former author has stopped maintaining it, & it has really lost its luster over the past 6 months, unfortunately. I have activated another security solution. Unlike Stop Spammers, I had the option–& chose it–to disable recaptcha for logged in users. No one should be able to post to the forums w/o being logged in anyway, but the first thing you should do when coming onto the site is to please make certain that you are indeed logged in. I am hopeful this will eliminate many of the problems you folks were experiencing, for which I feel incredibly bad & for which I profusely apologize.

I suspect I will be making other changes shortly, including possibly changing registration & login addresses, but I’m going to study the implications of making these changes first as well as how to minimize the impact on those of you who are legitimate users of this great site. I will advise you if & when I make these changes, as well as what to do to minimize any impact you may experience from them. I am proceeding cautiously, & I am cognisant that you as site users come first. I will only make changes which I believe to be absolutely necessary to protect the site while at the same time doing everything in my power to ensure you can get maximum enjoyment from your website. Despite the holiday in the States tomorrow, I assure you that I will be monitoring the situation very closely. Please do not hesitate to communicate any problems or concerns. I’m here for you.

Thank you for your continued patience & support as we move forward to find the optimum balance to both protect the reputation of the site & provide an enjoyable user experience. I appreciate it more than I can express.
    Your WebServant,
    Jackie

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.