Technical queries, requests, suggestions

Home Forum Site Feedback Technical queries, requests, suggestions

This topic contains 74 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  chrispretty May 21, 2019 at 9:20 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Pardalote

Me too

Just in the past 5 minutes – wants a captcha for every new screen

Me too. Our site has been under attack from spammers, and web admin Jackie did some tweaks to try and fix it, and I would say that Captcha has developed an inflated idea of its own importance. I have messaged Jackie, but as she is in the US she should be going to bed about now. If it is not fixed for a few hours please bear with us.

That is, of course, if you are actually able to get onto the site to read this! Catch 22

Ian

Yeah, same here. Don’t click on it. Just click on the page underneath and it disappears. For a while at least.

JR

Thanks for the tip Ian….I’m barely posting, just scrolling and reading and miving between pages and I am over the Captcha Craptcha thing. Motor bikes, traffic lights, cars, ped crossings….aagggh….

Maryann

This evening I have the Captcha popping up every time I go to come on to the forum, despite the fact I am logged in.  It appears on top of the page I want to post on.  Any suggestions?

Maryann

oops just read the above – couldn’t before as the captcha was over the top of it lol

summerhill3

The recapture jinx has hit me too.

Ian

It is damn frustrating.

Kat

All the forum is on the left hand side of my screen.  Can only see some letters, not whole sentences or posts

Waylay

Mine is the same Kat

Maryann

mine too :(  can’t do anything to sort it out.

Ian

Is it better for everyone now?

We’re having some problems. Hopefully we’ll get it sorted.

JR

Fixed now for me, well done.

KatrinaNissen

Glad it is getting fixed.

abletec

Hello, all. Ok, so here’s what happened. We have a contact form plugin that allows for generating contact forms for the website. The last update of that plugin no longer supported the captcha version we were using (v2), & it started generating huge amounts of spam emails to the netballscoop inbox–as well as a big fat site error message that overwrote everything & wouldn’t allow posting. Of course, I had no warning of that until all yall-know-what broke loose last night around midnight my time. I deactivated the plugin in hopes that would help the situation so I could at least get a little sleep (evidently not). I’ve now got the correct version of recaptcha working for the site, which required some hoop jumping. Unfortunately, you are going to see a “protected by recaptcha” badge on every page. I’ll see if I can get rid of that, but Katrina tells me it’s a pretty innocuous little blurb on the bottom right that doesn’t interfere w/anything.

I’ll likely be putting up some additional security measures over the next couple of days to try to lock down this site a bit more from those who would exploit it. Katrina & I will be in close contact to ensure these will not interfere w/anyone’s legitimate site activities.

I am now receiving your emails from this forum again (that appeared to have possibly also broken w/the contact form plugin update), so I can keep an eye out. Kat’s email was particularly helpful because she at least described the problem she was having–thanks, Kat! Others were quick to echo her sentiment. I will try to provide some guidance soon regarding what constitutes a good support request, which will make it a lot easier for you to get help. Thanks also to Katrina for her able assistance.

Happy netballing.

amandalouise

thanks for fixing it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.