Technical queries, requests, suggestions

Home Forum Site Feedback Technical queries, requests, suggestions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Mar 19, 2019 at 2:56 pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    abletec

Hello, all. My name’s Jackie McBride, & I’m the site’s hosting provider as well as 1 of the site administrators. I’m subscribing to this forum so I can be alerted when folks are experiencing any difficulties. I’ll be notified directly & I’ll also be able to reply in order to request more details, propose a solution, etc. So if you’re experiencing any problems at all, feel free to post here, & I’ll help as much as I can. I don’t bite, but, should I decide for some reason that’s necessary, I’m up-to-date w/my shots :). Seriously–I’m a pretty nice person–or at least I try to be–so if you need help, don’t hesitate to ask.

summerhill3

Thanks Jackie. Is it worth putting this somewhere easy to find eg a sticky, sidebar etc. (and I can confirm to everyone how terrific Jackie is)

Fluffy

Any chance you could “unstick” some of the sticky topics please in the individual forums?  If I go onto the UK page, I really don’t want to have to trawl through a page of irrelevant Australia posts which are coming up every day!  Keep them in the Aussie folder.  Sorry to be a moaning minnie, and thanks for all your hard work, Jackie

abletec

First, summerhill3, & thank you. That was most unexpected &kind. I meant it when I said it’s a pleasure & a privilege to serve you folks.

Fluffy, I think my role here is more of a technical 1, ie, fixing problems, advising folks how to do things, etc. If your keymasters stuck a post, then they likely did so for a reason, & I’ll leave that to them to unstick them when the time is right to do so. I hope you understand my point regarding that. I tend to exercise my technical advisory role w/a very soft touch. But thanks for bringing this up to your keymasters as an issue. They likely didn’t realize it was happening, & now that it’s been brought to their attention, I suspect action will be taken. So thank you for that.

Ian

Any chance you could “unstick” some of the sticky topics please in the individual forums? If I go onto the UK page, I really don’t want to have to trawl through a page of irrelevant Australia posts which are coming up every day! Keep them in the Aussie folder. Sorry to be a moaning minnie, and thanks for all your hard work, Jackie

That’s more my job, fluffy.

Look, I’ve (we’ve) had a policy of making most of our own NS articles “super sticky” to give people the greatest chance of noticing/reading them. But I understand that it looks a little bit silly when you go into another section that has nothing to do with it. I’ll sort it out for you.

Ian

Hello, all. My name’s Jackie McBride, & I’m the site’s hosting provider as well as 1 of the site administrators. I’m subscribing to this topic so I can be alerted when folks are experiencing any difficulties. I’ll be notified directly & I’ll also be able to reply in order to request more details, propose a solution, etc. So if you’re experiencing any problems at all, feel free to post here, & I’ll help as much as I can. I don’t bite, but, should I decide for some reason that’s necessary, I’m up-to-date w/my shots :). Seriously–I’m a pretty nice person–or at least I try to be–so if you need help, don’t hesitate to ask.

Can I perhaps change the name of the topic? Looks a bit strange at the moment. Although it did make me click on it. I thought it might be someone spamming us!  :lol:

abletec

This is the evil bad spammer–uh, I mean your hosting provider! Do whatever you think you need to do, Ian. I should’ve said forum, not topic anyway. I just wanted to let you folks know I was subscribed here so I could know as soon as possible if anything weird was occurring, especially w/the netball season coming into full swing just around the corner. That way, people wouldn’t have to write to Dianne who will then write to me as she’s able, etc. I’m just the webservant. You folks own the site. I’m here to help, not be a bully or shove anything down your throat. So please, Ian–retitle the topic however you think is best.

summerhill3

Agree – please change title Ian.

Brig

Hello! Thanks so much and lovely to meet you Jackie!

Just wondering about recent changes to the way the site displays on my phone  i seem to have lost the ‘latest activity’ options at the top. Justcan navigate via forum on the bottom.  i once saw a hidden menu that appeared but cant work out how to find it again.

nuts4netty

Just wondering about recent changes to the way the site displays on my phone  i seem to have lost the ‘latest activity’ options at the top. Justcan navigate via forum on the bottom.  i once saw a hidden menu that appeared but cant work out how to find it again.

I have the same thing but have worked out that the menu is still there and when I click on the general vicinity of the top right hand corner the menu appears in blue – it is like it has changed to white on white so is not visible.

Have also noticed when I highlight text to use the quote function the text can’t been seen – white on white again if that makes sense.

Ian

Yes, Jackie. I can confirm these problems. Same here. I was wondering if it was just me.

Fluffy

Thanks so much Ian and Abletec for your replies – and for understanding what I was (inelegantly) talking about!  Keep up the great work guys – this site is by far the best source of netball (and other!) info in the world!

Netball-Tragic

Can I perhaps change the name of the topic? Looks a bit strange at the moment. Although it did make me click on it. I thought it might be someone spamming us! :lol:

Now I’m intrigued.  What was the original topic name?

Ian

If you look up at the address of this thread, it’s still there… “I’m subscribing to this topic”. Now, I wasn’t sure what that was all about. Thinking it was maybe a spammer was perhaps a bit much, but it certainly seemed a strange thing to post and something a regular wouldn’t have done. :lol: :-D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.