TEAM BATH 2019

Home Forum United Kingdom TEAM BATH 2019

This topic contains 136 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Ash72 Apr 22, 2019 at 10:19 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Bath Hammer

Unfortunate but expected loss by a substantial margin to a Wasps team who are way ahead of us in ability & execution. It’s too early to say whether we are likely to make the top 4 with 3 of the top 5 to play in the next few games. If we do we are regrettably likely to be knocked out at semi-final stage.

Bath Hammer

Congratulations to Team Bath on a really hard fought win against one of our rivals. That could be pivotal in them reaching the play offs & was a step up after the wins against lower ranking teams. It should have given the team a good deal of confidence for the run in.

Ian

Ian

Bath Hammer

It would be so nice to read the accounts of those who were at the match & who can talk about it objectively rather than these boring publicity tweets from someone called Ian :blush2:

Maryann

It would be so nice to read the accounts of those who were at the match & who can talk about it objectively rather than these boring publicity tweets from someone called Ian :blush2:

I’m not sure if you are being serious or taking the piss.  I hope its the latter.

Bath Hammer

I don’t know what you mean. I thought this was supposed to be a discussion board for followers of Team Bath Netball, rather like the Bath Rugby equivalent. Perhaps I am wrong in making that assumption. I can never see the point of repetitive tweets just saying “well done”or “hard luck” which presumably emanate from the Club’s marketing dept. If you want those you can just go to the twitter feed.  What is more interesting are judgements as to how well the team or individual players have performed,  whether we are under-performing or showing signs of improvement and what we feel our chances are going forward.

mcleod

I don’t know what you mean. I thought this was supposed to be a discussion board for followers of Team Bath Netball, rather like the Bath Rugby equivalent. Perhaps I am wrong in making that assumption. I can never see the point of repetitive tweets just saying “well done”or “hard luck” which presumably emanate from the Club’s marketing dept. If you want those you can just go to the twitter feed. What is more interesting are judgements as to how well the team or individual players have performed, whether we are under-performing or showing signs of improvement and what we feel our chances are going forward.

If all the games were shown on TV or the Netball App each week, then we could all makes comments, but because the UK comp has a very long way to go until that happens, then having twitter re posts is the only way, people will know what is going on.

Does the UK comp have live scoring for their games?.  I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Bath Hammer

You get the scores on the Netball Superleague  website  & certain other sites.

Bath Hammer

I usually follow the scores on the Team Bath twitter feed which is the most up to date source. By the time the result is published on here by “Ian” it is well after the game has ended & most of us know the result. What we need on here is a a concise unbiased review rather than having to wait a couple of days for anything of that sort.

Fluffy

I usually follow the scores on the Team Bath twitter feed which is the most up to date source. By the time the result is published on here by “Ian” it is well after the game has ended & most of us know the result. What we need on here is a a concise unbiased review rather than having to wait a couple of days for anything of that sort.

Instead of moaning, why don’t you write one?  There’s only a skeleton staff of volunteers providing content for NS (Ian’s actually in Australia, so it’s understandable he’s not posting in real time) and it would be a real help to get some news of what went on, rather than having to rely on the clubs which, lets face it, are always going to be a bit one eyed about things.

mcleod

Instead of moaning, why don’t you write one? There’s only a skeleton staff of volunteers providing content for NS (Ian’s actually in Australia, so it’s understandable he’s not posting in real time) and it would be a real help to get some news of what went on, rather than having to rely on the clubs which, lets face it, are always going to be a bit one eyed about things.

Right just for you Bath person.  I see the Bath v Mavericks game is one of the lucky ones shown of TV this Easter.  With a bit of luck it will be on SKY in New Zealand.  I’ll do my best to watch. So will give a report.  HAPPY now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Instead of moaning, why don’t you write one? There’s only a skeleton staff of volunteers providing content for NS (Ian’s actually in Australia, so it’s understandable he’s not posting in real time) and it would be a real help to get some news of what went on, rather than having to rely on the clubs which, lets face it, are always going to be a bit one eyed about things.

I agree with Fluffy, write something yourself.  I’m in New Zealand, and we only get to watch one game a week on sky here.  If someone is at the game and seeing it live they see alot more than we do on the other side of the world.

As mentioned England Netball has a long way to go.  It would be great if they screened every game live.  I also would like to see the real statistics like you do for Anz netball and suncorp netball. I would love to see who has the most deflections, intercepts, best shooting stats for the season.  So much still do for netball in England.  Hopefully in a few more years there will be better TV coverage and better statistics coverage.

As Fluffy said just please remember this site is run by volunteers.  Thanks everyone.

Bath Hammer

I’m sorry I ruffled a few feathers – not my intention. I hadn’t realised that this forum is largely administered from New Zealand.  I fully understand it is run by volunteers but I had assumed that most of those who engage with it are Team Bath supporters. The problem seems to be that there aren’t enough of them & very few of those know about or engage with this forum. I don’t attend matches & only sometimes watch them on TV but that doesn’t stop me being interested & wishing to become better informed. I’m no where near knowledgeable enough to write reports of matches. I suppose I am comparing this forum with ones for Bath Rugby & West Ham United where supporters like to chew the cud over matches & issues relating to the team. I realise that this sport has a much smaller following but I just hope to see it grow & engage people’s interest & , for me, learn what those more knowledgeable think & there have been a few posts of that type. Perhaps there will be more in the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.