TEAM BATH 2019

Home Forum United Kingdom TEAM BATH 2019

This topic contains 157 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Ian May 21, 2019 at 6:54 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Fluffy

I don’t understand. It seems to be an English thing. Are they trying to copy the soccer format or something? I would have thought it’s pretty simple. You just get Caroline Barker and Tamsin Greenway and that’s your commentary team. That’s your Gaudion/Ellis if you like. And have them there every week. Then get Pamela Cookey and maybe 1 other different person in each week to offer their comments pre-game and at half and full time.

There is SO much to loathe about the Sky coverage that I’m struggling to know where to start – the walkaround the court and interrupting the coaches during the game – uuuuugh.  Filming the conversation with the coach rather than the game:  grrrr.  Getting the score wrong and spelling peoples’ names wrong, and using the wrong terminology is just laziness.

Agree that we need a solid commentary team who know what they’re doing and do it week in, week out, none of this “guest presenter” thing.  I’m guessing the switching in and out would be because of cost.   Think Caroline Barker does a great job – I’d love the second person to be “unaffiliated” to a club (which counts out Tamsin, Dan Ryan or Sara Bayman)….maybe Colyn Gordon, who knows loads about the game and speaks really well and is VERY enthusiastic?  Would be a breath of fresh air.  Or maybe even do a search for a voice across the EN membership – why does it have to be a former international?  A really great journalist would be able to do it, providing they understand the game (none of that Charlie bloke, who we had before, thanks!).

After all this time, you’d have thought they’d have ironed it out better than they have.  It’s just shabby!

Ash72

Oh god I remember Charlie Broughman accompanied by the dulcet tones of Anita Navin😣

Yes I hate the mid match walkabout and coaches interviews, (you can tell they just want that awful prattling woman to go away!

Ian

Bath Hammer

It could have been worse but nevertheless an emphatic home defeat. We only have Manchester Thunder to cope with next week which is almost turning into a must win match if anything is to be gained from this season.

Bath Hammer

An emphatic win by Thunder tonight. I hope the coaches & players are up for the fight on Friday.

Ian

Ian

Bath Hammer

That was a vital win against top 4 hopefuls. Had they lost that they would have been out of the running. We now hope for a high level of consistency for the rest of the season to have a chance of a play off place.

Bath Hammer

Tonight That was a very narrow win against the bottom team which doesn’t inspire great confidence in Team Bath’s ability to reach the play-offs.

Ian

Bath Hammer

The win by Lightening tonight against Wasps wasn’t good news for Team Bath who really struggled against them. The top 4 is getting a settled look & it could be difficult to displace any of them. They certainly can’t afford to drop more points agains the weaker teams.

Ian

Ian

Bath’s form must be a bit of a concern. Struggling to beat some of the lower teams. Out of the top 5 teams, they look under most pressure at the moment.

Bath Hammer

Another narrow win against a struggling team. They just haven’t got it together this season despite looking promising early on when they played in the away fixture against Sirens. On this form it is difficult to even see them even hanging 9n to 5th place.

Ash72

Poor Serena Guthrie…I hope this doesn’t affect her form. It’s tough playing in an under performing team and even tougher to captain them.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.