Super Club

Home Forum New Zealand Super Club

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nesian Sep 11, 2019 at 10:05 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mooz

Does anyone know if the Super Club in Nelson is being held this year? Or has it been forgotten about since it’s a World Cup year?

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Pretty sure it’s not on this year.

NZChampion

It might come back next year. But it was a bit of a flop. So they might think of some other new competition.

TrentA

IMO it will only work if it is what it’s name suggest – Super Club.

Top Clubs from local Leagues from the Quad Series countries – SA, NZ, Aust and Eng.

So that means the two Grand Final teams from each League. And as the Leagues are all played at different times it doesn’t appear that this will ever happen. And add it in the logistics of keeping imports/Internationals available and it’s even harder.

mcleod

I’m sure Netball NZ would have lost $$ on it.  Nelson was a dumb place to play it, they don’t even fill the stadium for the Tactix game.

Maybe they might look at a fast 5 comp, for ANZ teams.

Nesian

It’s on in November this year. Nelson is in the last year of their three year contract.

mcleod

It’s on in November this year. Nelson is in the last year of their three year contract.

Well ok then, that’s sorted.

Ian

TrentA

What a waste of time.

So, ANZP teams will only just have begun pre-season.

Will imports be involved in any of the teams.

Why?

Just why bother at this time of the year?

Maryann

What a waste of time.

So, ANZP teams will only just have begun pre-season.

Will imports be involved in any of the teams.

Why?

Just why bother at this time of the year?

I would hope that the Internationals who have been playing most of this years games will be rested.  Then the likes of Mikaere (surgery coming up), Jury (recovering from surgery), Faka (ACL) do we need to risk them at this time of the year.

Re the Magpies, I thought I read somewhere that their team to participate in Super Club was not the team from the SSN but one of the development teams – this was some weeks ago.

And Nelson is not cheap to get to, particularly if you live regionally in NZ.

I just think the timing of such an event and the quality of the teams needs to be worth the cost and effort to get there to watch.

mcleod

Well considering the non Silver Ferns haven’t played since mid May for some of them.  I reckon they will be crying out to play Netball.

Perfect chance to put on a show for coach Taurua, no different to having a 4 day trials.

TrentA

Well considering the non Silver Ferns haven’t played since mid May for some of them.  I reckon they will be crying out to play Netball.

Perfect chance to put on a show for coach Taurua, no different to having a 4 day trials.

Except they want fans to pay to attend games and travel to Nelson.

No thanks.

Play the trials behind closed doors and not try to sell a dud.

Nesian

No thanks.

Super Club is basically a trial for January series next  year that’s why all the NZ teams are involved and the rule set that has been chosen.

Good tournament but a bad venue, needs to be somewhere that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to fly to…..mind you I don’t think there is such a place with Air NZ.

mcleod

No thanks.

Super Club is basically a trial for January series next  year that’s why all the NZ teams are involved and the rule set that has been chosen.

Good tournament but a bad venue, needs to be somewhere that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to fly to…..mind you I don’t think there is such a place with Air NZ.

Well I just checked flights Chch – Nelson depart 7th Dec return 13th Dec.

$29 going up, $39 coming back.  Hmmmm what a bargin.

Nesian

No thanks.

Well I just checked flights Chch – Nelson depart 7th Dec return 13th Dec.

$29 going up, $39 coming back.  Hmmmm what a bargin.

Great, if you happen to live in Christchurch or probably any one of the main centers but as always, off the main trunk and you get screwed for airfares. About $400 Invercargill to Nelson, which to be fair was cheaper than I expected but for Super Club, no thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.