SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 2019

Home Forum Australia SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 2019

This topic contains 174 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Dec 5, 2018 at 9:55 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

This can’t be what it comes down to. It just can’t be!

:blackeye:

I’m sure Bassett and Browne didn’t move solely because of nudge nudge for LA, but it not unbelievable for LA to not want her star players to be playing under the SF coach. I have no doubt that Taurua would give her all for Lightning, and wouldn’t undermine in any way. But it just make things awkward. So LA may have encouraged them to move, but they would have been soooo many other factors that they based there decision off of e.g. Browne wanting to move closer to family and Bassett wanting to setup a ‘life after netball’.

Turningpoint

Thankyou.

I have a hanky.

If they were gone with the wind. Tomorrow would be another day.

NettySuperFan

Out of left field, does anyone know where Malysha Kelly is. She signed with the Steel last year but was injured before the season started so never actually played with them, and they haven’t signed her on this year. She could be an option as well, as she is GK.

Guyza

Plummer said in her post-match interview today about having “one, possibly two” more players in the SSN (think defenders specifically) by the end of the quad series.

netballcrazy1

Well considering Thunderbirds have two more spots left I could see them going there but we have a solid defence line. Maybe Lightning or Giants if they haven’t filled Bulley’s spot yet.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Well their GK is one of the best in the world. So wouldn’t surprise me to see Lightning or Giants sign her.

Tully

I would prefer to see Maweni at Lightning rather than Giants. Giants need more of a GD than a GK. Also how awesome would it be for South Africa to have their circle defenders play together each week. I was very impressed with Maweni, IMO she had the better of Bassett for sustained periods yesterday. I like seeing imports used this way where it is really benefitting the development of some of the lower ranked teams / countries.

Maryann

Out of left field, does anyone know where Malysha Kelly is. She signed with the Steel last year but was injured before the season started so never actually played with them, and they haven’t signed her on this year. She could be an option as well, as she is GK.

She was still in Southland in mid-August but no idea where she is going from there.

queenslander

no word on their final player?

Obviously has to be a star GK.

NettySuperFan

no word on their final player?

Obviously has to be a star GK.

I don’t get why they haven’t announced them yet. Whoever it is has already been signed, so why the delay in the announcement?? Once they’re signed, they’re signed!!

queenslander

maybe anna harrisson?

might get a recall to the ferns too because of her height

Rich_Boi

I reckon there is a fair chance it could be South African GK Phumza Maweni.

mcleod

maybe anna harrisson?

Harrison is a chance for the SC, but she is 35 and retired from the Ferns time to move on.

NettySuperFan

maybe anna harrisson?

Harrison is a chance for the SC, but she is 35 and retired from the Ferns time to move on.

She has retired from netball fullstop. I very highly doubt she decide to come out of retirement 3 months after she retired.

mcleod

maybe anna harrisson?

She has retired from netball fullstop. I very highly doubt she decide to come out of retirement 3 months after she retired.

But the SSN seems to be a haven for retired or unwanted, or don’t want to play for the Ferns.  Neballer’s

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.