2020 SSN Signings

Home Forum Australia 2020 SSN Signings

This topic contains 225 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  NetballNerd Sep 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Iheartdiamonds

I don’t see Rav leaving the pies unless forced to.

Maryann

Tully

I know Garbin has played the last two weeks but she has largely sat on the bench (when she wasn’t out injured) so interesting she is staying put behind two internationals. Same with Austin.

But where would they go?

Looking at the lists available (as in not yet contracted) shooting spots are:

Fever 1 (to play GA)
    Firebirds 1 (back up)
    Vixens 3
    TBirds 1 (but if the Potgeiter rumour is true then none)
    Magpies 1

So not many places for them to go. I am very nervous that there may be a retirement announcement or two coming from the Vixens shooting camp and that is why that end of the court is TBA and they will drive the listing decisions going forward.

Surely Sinclair has won herself a contract extension.

netballcrazy1

So Lightning have some great signings so far, will be interesting to see what Langman decides.

I’m surprised Nat Haythorwhaite re-signed along with Garbin. This means they have a full shooting end of four players and Nat who can play WA if needed.

Congrats to Renae on a great career, I will be interested to see who fills that spot, probably a youngster from another club or training partner

GoSwifts

Wallace might want to go home to her sick dad.  She is a long way away from him

netballcrazy1

Wallace might want to go home to her sick dad.  She is a long way away from him

Wallace is signed I think

netballcrazy1

I think NT is staying at Lightning based on the SSN article so I think she needs to leave the Ferns, I don’t think she can coach an SSN team in Australia and then coach the Ferns when Wood, Koenan and other players could be playing for the Diamonds and she can coach against them so easily. I think it is too much of a conflict of interest.

On another note, Sienna Allen, a TP GK should leave Lightning, she is not going to get very far with 2 GKs in front of her. SO unless Maweni leaves, I think she should look elsewhere.

netballcrazy1

Sorry just read in another article that

Taurua, also the New Zealand national coach for the past 11 months and architect of July’s stunning World Cup renaissance, will choose between the two roles once the Super Netball finals are over.

So I guess she may re-sign the team and leave but honestly, I doubt it. If she can get majority back I think she will stick around.

James

I think Eddy will go to Vixens to replace Ingles and Swifts will sign Halpin and possibly bring in Fraser or O’Brien, I thought that Haythornthwaite would be gone to make way for O’Brien or Fraser

Ian

CharlesWB

No – you have 2 recent titles.  Let some other teams have a go.

But that was 3 years ago!!!!  And we are about to finish *bottom* of the ladder this year. We need help!!!! Plus I think the last time Rav played anything worth spit was with us 🙂

CharlesWB

So . .can we (Firebirds) please have Klau and Rav ?  Please?

Absolutely no way are you allowed Klau. :ireful:

I would be genuinely surprised if Klau and/or Eddy don’t resign with the Swifts. They have done such a good job keeping a team together for 3 seasons, with them only getting the results in their 3rd season, to throw that all away now would be such a waste. The only reason I could see either of them moving is because THEY really want to, not because Swifts don’t want them.

Yeah but I can dream can’t I?  Admittedly Sarah Klau is young too, but I think with those 3 in the defence circle.. yeah!

Having said that, I agree if we kept the current midcourt I would be happy too. Just need a good GK to help Tara and Kim

Jbss

If I were you I would be disappointed that Firebirds are not looking past Aiken to who can combine with Tippet. They should have been chasing Glagow or Garbin

The combo between Aiken and Tippet has gone stale if you ask me. I guess without her though they are left with a very young team but if they find the right mix like Swifts did then they could be sitting pretty in a year or two.

al_ex

I’m really happy that Garbin signed for the Swifts but I am super surprised. I thought a lot of clubs could use her and offer her more. She has come a long way at the Swifts though and I think the only reason she didn’t get a lot of minutes is her injury, she could have come on in those blowout wins mid-season and Akle isn’t afraid to use her.

Haythornthwaite is a disappointing signing for me, I would have preferred to see Fraser or O’Brien. But both of those girls will get an opportunity while Proud misses the beginning of next season to rehab the injury so I understand wanting to have Nat there to provide some experience.

netballcrazy1

Forgot to add great that sterling is signed for 2020 already, hopefully a more competitive season next year will keep here here for a few years. I think Lange needs to be let go, I can’t see an attack end of Lange, Glasgow, and potentially Potgieter, being very threatening AT ALL. I am not happy that all the progress this team has made could be ruined with only one shooter in there that I’m genuinely excited to see

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.