2020 SSN Signings

Home Forum Australia 2020 SSN Signings

This topic contains 225 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  NetballNerd Sep 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

That’s great to hear, and would probably be a relief for her, to know she will have somewhere to go after she comes back from injury. Getting a injury just before your contract ends can be a scary thing, and can bring a lot more anxiety on top of the injury itself so I’m happy to hear about this. Probably won’t be playing in 2020 though.

Ian

NettySuperFan

Interesting. Does anyone know Molly Jovic. Is she decent? I’ve never heard of her before and would have thought for Kelsey Rainbow would get the call up, which makes me think maybe Rainbow is getting a full time contract…

Jbss

Jovic and Dunkley were both a similar age and both were involved with Vixens a while back, I think they’ve come through the pathways being pretty much neck and neck and are quite similar.

netballcrazy1

Rainbow overlooked again? Maybe other circumstances, I hope she is playing somewhere.

NettySuperFan

Rainbow overlooked again? Maybe other circumstances, I hope she is playing somewhere.

Yes which is why I’m thinking maybe they have offered her a full time contract. I could see the midcourt being (Madi) Browne, Rainbow and Brazill, if Kim Ravi moves on….

James

Maddy McCauliffe re-signs for Lightning for 2020

NettySuperFan

So these are these teams so far (I think):

Thunderbirds –

Lenize Potgeiter
    Cody Lange
    Hannah Petty
    Kate Shimmin
    Shamera Sterling

Giants –

Caitlin Bassett
    Jo Harten
    Kiera Austin
    Maddie Hay
    Jamie-Lee Price
    Teigan O’Shannassy

Magpies –

Shimona Nelson
    Gabby Sinclair
    Nat Medhurst
    Molly Jovic
    Ash Brazill
    Matilda Garrett
    Geva Mentor

Vixens –

Liz Watson
    Tayla Honey?
    Kate Moloney
    Jo Weston
    Emily Mannix

Swifts –

Sam Wallace
    Sophie Garbin
    Helen Housby
    Nat Haythornthwaite
    Paige Hadley
    Maddy Proud?
    Maddy Turner
    Lauren Moore
    Sarah Klau

Firebirds –

Romelda Aiken
    Gretel Tippett
    Mahalia Cassidy?
    Gabby Simpson
    Kim Jenner
    Tara Hinchliffe

Lightning –

Peace Proscovia
    Cara Koenen
    Steph Wood
    Laura Scherian
    Maddy McAuliffe
    Karla Pretorius
    Phumza Maweni
    Annika-Lee Jones

Fever (complete) –

Jhaniele Fowler
    Kaylia Stanton
    Alice Teague-Neeld
    Ingrid Coyler
    Verity Charles
    Jess Anstiss
    Shannon Eagland
    Stacey Francis
    Courtney Bruce
    Olivia Lewis

2019 players remaining to be signed:

Maria Folau
    Caitlin Thwaites
    Mwai Kumwenda
    Tegan Phillip
    Ine-Mari Venter
    Tippah Dwan

Chelsea Pitman
    Kelly Altmann
    Madi Browne*
    Jemma Mi Mi
    Beth Cobden*
    Amy Parmenter
    Kim Ravillion
    Kate Eddy
    Laura Langman
    Jacqui Russell

Layla Guscoth*
    Kristiana Manu’a
    Matilda McDonell
    Sam Poolman
    Kadie-Ann Dehaney

Ps. Sorry for the long post

Carrol

Could make a couple of nice teams out of those unsigned

T-BirdsAreGo

The word on the street in Adelaide is that Shamera Sterling is home sick and is trying to get out of her contract.

NettySuperFan

The word on the street in Adelaide is that Shamera Sterling is home sick and is trying to get out of her contract.

Oh no! Thats horrible, for the Thunderbirds, and for the competition. I really hope that’s not true! Its must be really bad if she is trying to get out of a contract for a year away!

netballcrazy1

Oh no! Thats horrible, for the Thunderbirds, and for the competition. I really hope that’s not true! Its must be really bad if she is trying to get out of a contract for a year away!

Oh no! That will leave Thunderbirds in a bad state, I hope your intel is wrong as much as I’m sure it probably is true considering she is returning home for university right around now until 2020 pre-season.

Thunderbirds MUST ensure the provide the support she needs is they can convince her to stay so that she can be happy, enjoy her netball, and perform well.

NetballNerd

Whilst Sterling has alot of potential and is exciting to watch, she is incredibly ill disciplined and needs to work on that aspect of her game.

Kellie

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up here before now. I was going to post something myself but didn’t want to fan any flames that might not be there. She’s put a number of Instagram stories up recently hinting she doesn’t want to stay in Australia and that she’s keen to go home/back to the UK. It will be unfortunate for the Tbirds if she does go, but at the same time I can’t imagine a positive outcome if she stays and isn’t happy.

TB

Whilst Sterling has alot of potential and is exciting to watch, she is incredibly ill disciplined and needs to work on that aspect of her game.

I agree! She plays well against the giant GSs of the game. Struggles with discipline on the more mobile shooters.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.