2020 SSN Signings

Home Forum Australia 2020 SSN Signings

This topic contains 253 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  al_ex Sep 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Gold

Awesome news for Maddy and no doubt well earned. Thoughts too for all the girls that aspire, strive and sacrifice but never quite get there. They are still winners and hopefully they realise that.

Luvpav

I would love to see the imports limited. There is nothing I enjoy more than to watch the young Aussie talent coming through.

I actually find teams with imported Goal shooters quite boring to watch!

al_ex

I would love to see the imports limited. There is nothing I enjoy more than to watch the young Aussie talent coming through.

So, every team?

TB

😂😂

JR

The two Caitlins aren’t imports, neither is Glasgow or Koenen (but I don’t find CBass very exciting). I think Wallis and Proscovia are exciting to watch and so is MJ with her movement and split. Not keen on Aiken, Fowler or Nelson in terms of their style of play – even tho’ Aiken is moving more nowadays.

Bottom line – moving circles are more exciting to watch IMO.

NetballNerd

The two Caitlins aren’t imports, neither is Glasgow or Koenen (but I don’t find CBass very exciting). I think Wallis and Proscovia are exciting to watch and so is MJ with her movement and split. Not keen on Aiken, Fowler or Nelson in terms of their style of play – even tho’ Aiken is moving more nowadays.

Bottom line – moving circles are more exciting to watch IMO.

Absolutely agree. I love watching moving circles, love the shared shooting load between GA’s and GS’s.  Im actually quite sick of watching holding shooters, especially Fowler and Nelson.

Jbss

I mean Fowler is so effective bc she’s so tall and strong but yes it is a bit boring once the feeders work the ball in. We won’t see her go simply for more excitement though given she’s been a big reason behind Fevers 2018 season success. I do find Nelson quite boring to watch mainly bc she can jump high and that’s about it, plenty if players are ariel(Sterling, Tippet) but also have other skills to bring to the table that make them so good and so exciting. It’s good to see Glasgow and Koenan pushing through and while I can understand that in those cases both girls had to(and rightly so) earn their starting 7 position but in the case of imports like Venter and Nelson I feel like there are girls in Australia who can do the same job if not better. I don’t want to see a restriction on imports I just want to see the best playing but coaches going for imports when they don’t have to is quite annoying.

GOAL POST

You mean Giants 😂

GoSwifts

You mean Giants 😂

So Bassett is an import now?  Every team has an import and local player except Swifts (2 imports) and Vixens (2 locals), and Vixens only because MJ has been injured.  Will be interesting to see what happens next year.  Whether Koenen will make the starting 7 every week for Lightning and whether this will be the start of the decline for both Bassett and Thwaites.

TB

I mean Fowler is so effective bc she’s so tall and strong but yes it is a bit boring once the feeders work the ball in. We won’t see her go simply for more excitement though given she’s been a big reason behind Fevers 2018 season success. I do find Nelson quite boring to watch mainly bc she can jump high and that’s about it, plenty if players are ariel(Sterling, Tippet) but also have other skills to bring to the table that make them so good and so exciting. It’s good to see Glasgow and Koenan pushing through and while I can understand that in those cases both girls had to(and rightly so) earn their starting 7 position but in the case of imports like Venter and Nelson I feel like there are girls in Australia who can do the same job if not better. I don’t want to see a restriction on imports I just want to see the best playing but coaches going for imports when they don’t have to is quite annoying.

Yes I find that annoying too, and I’m not even an Aussie 😂

Your comment about Fowler, being the main reason for Fevers success in 2018 – which I agree with, up until this season. As dominant as she is, how much did Fever miss Medhurst skills this season? She was the only change to their team.

Jbss

Yes well Fowler and Medhurst have been the reason for their success but the midcourt has often been behind their failings.

mcleod

I’m wondering if Thwaites will be back next year, she was benched early today.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Kumwenda Thwaites and Phillip all yet to sign

Muffie

How critical we are of some players . Klau played good then a poor game then good but no real comments. Thwaites a great game then not as good. Actually she was playing fine but missed 3 goals and wow people say retirement, she no good.,  Swifts centre great up to World Cup, then average at World Cup, then so so, now v good. Let’s retire her too. Swifts Gd so so for half the season. Last weeks game was great from her.  Did you throw her under the bus.

Muffie

How critical we are of some players . Klau played good then a poor game then good but no real comments. Thwaites a great game then not as good. Actually she was playing fine but missed 3 goals and wow people say retirement, she no good.,  Swifts centre great up to World Cup, then average at World Cup, then so so, now v good. Let’s retire her too. Swifts Gd so so for half the season. Last weeks game was great from her.  Did you throw her under the bus. Thwaites out played Mentor but now she’s out ?????

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.