2020 SSN Signings

Home Forum Australia 2020 SSN Signings

This topic contains 225 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  NetballNerd Sep 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Ian

liese

I wonder if Kim Ravaillion will be at the Magpies in 2020?  I hope the Giants re-sign Sam and Amy.  Will Sarah Klau be in line for a return to Adelaide?

Tully

Is this list correct or just slightly misleading?

Eg, Potgeiter is not signed by Firebirds so is off contract from there but is she not listed due to reports she has signed with Adelaide? In which case she is a direct swap for the out of of contract Maria?

Burger is also not signed by Firebirds.

Also the Advertiser article was about Van Der Merwe wanting an extension but she isn’t listed either?

Are replacement players not included? Poi, Rore ….

NettySuperFan

I wonder if Kim Ravaillion will be at the Magpies in 2020?  I hope the Giants re-sign Sam and Amy.  Will Sarah Klau be in line for a return to Adelaide?

Klau won’t be going to TBirds with Sterling there. That would be career suicide! I wouldn’t mind Ravillion making a move, I thought Fever would be good for her, but they shot themselves in the foot by signing a weak midcourt all on multi-year deals. Although I think Ravs partner is in Melbourne so she probably wants to stay there?

Tully

Ravallion is going to be an interesting one to watch to see where she goes for me.

Looks like there would be 5 options (going by off contract players opening up a mid court spot). Based on nothing but my own thoughts you’d think Magpies, Giants (back home) or Vixens (stay in Melbourne where she is very settled in her personal life but get a fresh netball start) would be most likely.

I will be shocked if Giants and Firebirds don’t chase Brandley and Dehaney.

Tully

<p>I wonder if Kim Ravaillion will be at the Magpies in 2020?  I hope the Giants re-sign Sam and Amy.  Will Sarah Klau be in line for a return to Adelaide?</p>

<p>Klau won’t be going to TBirds with Sterling there. That would be career suicide! I wouldn’t mind Ravillion making a move, I thought Fever would be good for her, but they shot themselves in the foot by signing a weak midcourt all on multi-year deals. Although I think Ravs partner is in Melbourne so she probably wants to stay there?</p>

Vixens need a WD with Ingles retiring ….. she and Kate could switch between C and WD ….

For the record I think they will sign Allie Smith.

Waylay

Looks like Lange must have signed for two seasons with the T’Birds

NettySuperFan

So this is everyone that has signed?

Adelaide Thunderbirds:

Sasha Glasgow
    Cody Lange
    Hannah Petty
    Kate Shimmin
    Shamera Sterling

Giants Netball:

Caitlin Bassett
    Jo Harten
    Kiera Austin
    Kim Green
    Jaime-Lee Price
    Teigan O’Shannassy

Collingwood Magpies:

Shimona Nelson
    Nat Medhurst
    Kelsey Browne
    Ash Brazill
    Matilda Garrett
    Geva Mentor

Melbourne Vixens:

Liz Watson
    Kate Moloney
    Jo Weston
    Emily Mannix
    Tayla Honey/Lara Dunkley?

NSW Swifts:

Sam Wallace
    Helen Housby
    Sophie Garbin
    Nat Haythornthwaite
    Maddy Proud?
    Paige Hadley
    Maddy Turner
    Lauren Moore?

Queensland Firebirds:

Romelda Aiken
    Gretel Tippett
    Mahalia Cassidy?
    Gabby Simpson
    Kim Jenner
    Tara Hinchliffe

Sunshine Coast Lightning:

Peace Proscovia
    Cara Koenen
    Steph Wood
    Laura Scherian
    Annika-Lee Jones

West Coast Fever:

Jhaniele Fowler
    Alice Teague-Neeld
    Ingrid Colyer
    Verity Charles
    Jess Anstiss
    Shannon Eagland
    Stacey Francis
    Courtney Bruce
    Olivia Lewis

NettySuperFan

<p>I wonder if Kim Ravaillion will be at the Magpies in 2020?  I hope the Giants re-sign Sam and Amy.  Will Sarah Klau be in line for a return to Adelaide?</p>

<p>Klau won’t be going to TBirds with Sterling there. That would be career suicide! I wouldn’t mind Ravillion making a move, I thought Fever would be good for her, but they shot themselves in the foot by signing a weak midcourt all on multi-year deals. Although I think Ravs partner is in Melbourne so she probably wants to stay there?</p>

Vixens need a WD with Ingles retiring ….. she and Kate could switch between C and WD ….

For the record I think they will sign Allie Smith.

I didn’t think of that. I think Vixens would be the perfect option for Ravallion, if they want her.

GOAL POST

Dehaney to the Firebirds!!!

NettySuperFan

Dehaney to the Firebirds!!!

I reckon she would fit in well with the Firebirds. There is also Sam Poolman (no thanks), Sarah Klau (unlikely) and Phumza Maweni (maybe).

Ian

Is this list correct or just slightly misleading?

Eg, Potgeiter is not signed by Firebirds so is off contract from there but is she not listed due to reports she has signed with Adelaide? In which case she is a direct swap for the out of of contract Maria?

Burger is also not signed by Firebirds.

Also the Advertiser article was about Van Der Merwe wanting an extension but she isn’t listed either?

Are replacement players not included? Poi, Rore ….

Replacement players would not be included, only those in the original squads.

al_ex

I really don’t see ATN lasting all three years of her contract. I don’t know how it logistically works getting them cancelled but I know Tippett managed it at the Swifts.

I don’t think Rav will leave Melbourne even if it’s probably in the best interests of her career. Vixens would be a nice move but I expect she’ll stay at Collingwood with her partner. I’m also not sure if Vixens could afford her, although she’s probably not as expensive now as she was when she moved down from the Firebirds.

NettySuperFan

I really don’t see ATN lasting all three years of her contract. I don’t know how it logistically works getting them cancelled but I know Tippett managed it at the Swifts.

I don’t think Rav will leave Melbourne even if it’s probably in the best interests of her career. Vixens would be a nice move but I expect she’ll stay at Collingwood with her partner. I’m also not sure if Vixens could afford her, although she’s probably not as expensive now as she was when she moved down from the Firebirds.

It essentially would be Ingles out, Rav in. Are they worth that much different?

Tully

Ingles is on a base contract (or not much higher).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.