2019 SSN Pre-Season tournament (Brisbane Mar 8-10)

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN Pre-Season tournament (Brisbane Mar 8-10)

This topic contains 401 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Turningpoint Mar 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm.

Viewing 12 posts - 391 through 402 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    foryoutwo

Lee Jones – She was there with the team but didn’t play so Id say injured

Turningpoint

Good question. I’m also curious as to why Channel 9 felt it necessary to single out Medhurst’s shooting stats in a tweet. They were below par in the grandie, but she was no orphan across the weekend.

Yes. Interesting. I thought her all round game/weekend was filled with quality.

I  have to say that 9 are not alone. But the singling out was uncalled for. Many pull towards shooting stats as it’s there in front of you. To suit or not suit your comments/agenda maybe?

Just like ATN. ATN is ready to play her role in 2019. Get it to Fowler. Well played young lady. You poor thing. You now have my support.

:dance:

Clayhay

ATN is a smarter TEAM player than Stanton. Hopefully when she plays with Fowler she will just put the shots up because Fowler can rebound!

Tully

Why didn’t Lightning take Lee Jones? Injury?

I’m guessing injured. She was there. Sienna Allen was in the 10 for two games and Ash Unie for two games. I thought Unie did well against Vixens and Giants.

Tully

ATN is a smarter TEAM player than Stanton. Hopefully when she plays with Fowler she will just put the shots up because Fowler can rebound!

I hope so. Fowler was trying to help her so much in the game v T’Birds. There was one shot close in Fowler blocked out the defence, gave ATN the ball and spoke to her. Unfortunately ATN’s shot hit the bottom of the ring but you could really see Fowler was trying to give her confidence to put the shot up. She was also encouraging her more generally as well.

Luvpav

I hope so. Fowler was trying to help her so much in the game v T’Birds. There was one shot close in Fowler blocked out the defence, gave ATN the ball and spoke to her. Unfortunately ATN’s shot hit the bottom of the ring but you could really see Fowler was trying to give her confidence to put the shot up. She was also encouraging her more generally as well.

That is so nice to hear. So Stanton is not a “team player” . Does that mean ATN has more awareness of players around her?

Iheartdiamonds

didn’t watch any of the games……… has Rav picked up her form from last year? I’m hoping with some time off from Diamonds commitments she’s back to her best????

Ian

I thought she looked better from what I saw.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

She was good at WD.

James

Unfortunately for Rav I think she will be riding the pine and sharing WD and C with Braz and Robinson

EastWest

I think Magpies versatility and balance all over the court will allow them to be able to rest and reduce the load for key players before and after the WC. Robinson won’t be going, Braz and Medhurst are unlikely and with Browne, Rav and Brandley probably going there are players sitting on par with them to take some of the load. This could be a key factor in them going all the way.

Turningpoint

I think Magpies versatility and balance all over the court will allow them to be able to rest and reduce the load for key players before and after the WC. Robinson won’t be going, Braz and Medhurst are unlikely and with Browne, Rav and Brandley probably going there are players sitting on par with them to take some of the load. This could be a key factor in them going all the way.

Well Round 1 they play the team that has gone all the way. Twice. Fot this game they should probably rest Geva and Kelsey for the WC. And a couple of others as well. :hi:

Viewing 12 posts - 391 through 402 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.