2019 SSN Pre-Season tournament (Brisbane Mar 8-10)

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN Pre-Season tournament (Brisbane Mar 8-10)

This topic contains 401 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Turningpoint Mar 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    TheBroadbean

She did but so did April Brandley (I think hers has been there a while). It’s maybe just a precaution after all the games they’ve had in a quick turnaround!

Ian

Did notice that quite a few players were well strapped up.

Snorlaxbabs

I have gone to tablet and can Chromecast for those having casting issues earlier.

Where are you watching from? I’m thinking it must be a UK restriction against chromecasting or something as it’s not worked for me for a while:cry:. Occasionally it will cast 3 seconds of the intro and then go back to a Network Error message!

Tully

She did but so did April Brandley (I think hers has been there a while). It’s maybe just a precaution after all the games they’ve had in a quick turnaround!

A lot did. Harten and Brandley as you’ve said. Philip. Thwaites (not all weekend though). Browne (again not sure if she was for all games). Anstiss. Dehaney (maybe just the last day?). Housby had her calf taped for first match of day2 and was in the 10 but then was not named for the rest of the weekend. Wallace. Romelda. Mi Mi.

And of course can’t not mention Hadley! Who I thought played very well.

Waylay

I think Rob Wright’s decision to sign Shimona Nelson over Thwaites was a genius move. She plays so much more to the strength of Robinson/Rav/Medhurst than Thwaites does. Thwaites has settled in nicely at the Vixens though.

Guscoth and Sterling defence impressed me, but their attack will still struggle even with Folau. Mahalia Cassidy was also a standout for me.

CharlesWB

I think Rob Wright’s decision to sign Shimona Nelson over Thwaites was a genius move. She plays so much more to the strength of Robinson/Rav/Medhurst than Thwaites does. Thwaites has settled in nicely at the Vixens though.

I don’t think anyone with any sense would have thought singing Nelson was a *bad* move. Just some surprise that keeping Thwaites wasn’t on their list of priorities. But I suspect she’s better off with Magpies anyway (now there’s a statement that I never thought I’d make about anyone in the last 2 years :)  ).

nuts4netty

nuts4netty wrote: I have gone to tablet and can Chromecast for those having casting issues earlier. Where are you watching from? I’m thinking it must be a UK restriction against chromecasting or something as it’s not worked for me for a while:cry:. Occasionally it will cast 3 seconds of the intro and then go back to a Network Error message!

I’m in Aus but I use a Samsung tablet.  I tried from hubbie’s iPhone and it wouldn’t work so if you are on IOS that could be the issue.

Bluebird

I have gone to tablet and can Chromecast for those having casting issues earlier.

Where are you watching from? I’m thinking it must be a UK restriction against chromecasting or something as it’s not worked for me for a while:cry:. Occasionally it will cast 3 seconds of the intro and then go back to a Network Error message!

This is the issue im having. It’s not IOS problem as I’m on android. I had to contact Telstra via twitter as the crowd support registration wouldnt work for me either.

Snorlaxbabs

This is the issue im having. It’s not IOS problem as I’m on android. I had to contact Telstra via twitter as the crowd support registration wouldnt work for me either.

Thanks Bluebird, please let me know if you hear back from Telstra!

From the few games I’ve managed to squint at through my phone I am incredibly excited for the season to kick off. Particularly interested in how Tbirds Vs Swifts will go down as essentially an intra-Roses battle in attack of Haythornthwaite Vs Cobden and Housby Vs Guscoth!

hiphop

Did Sienna Allen get on court at all for Lightning? I would love to see a break down of court time percentages across the teams. From what I could see Collingwood did a great job of rotating all their players through and sharing court time.

Tully

Sienna Allen played second half on Friday night.

Vixens used all 10 in all pool games and in the final 9 players with exception of Dunkley.

Swifts, Fever, TBirds, Lightning, firebirds all rotated their teams well. So did Giants although McDonell and Marshall didn’t get a lot. But then Dwan of Firebirds only played half against vixens from memory.

Clayhay

Firebirds shooting pair never change. They cant cope if they do!

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Why didn’t Lightning take Lee Jones? Injury?

summerhill3

Good question. I’m also curious as to why Channel 9 felt it necessary to single out Medhurst’s shooting stats in a tweet. They were below par in the grandie, but she was no orphan across the weekend.

foryoutwo

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.