2019 SSN Pre-Season tournament (Brisbane Mar 8-10)

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN Pre-Season tournament (Brisbane Mar 8-10)

This topic contains 401 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Turningpoint Mar 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    CharlesWB

Coming out of qld state netball car park, 30 moin have gone and we haven’t moved. They are using only one exit and definitely not one for one. We are in top car park and not moving. Half the crowd left straight after the game. This is a disgrace

15-20 plus minutes wasn’t unusual for Boondall…

Tully

Coming out of qld state netball car park, 30 moin have gone and we haven’t moved. They are using only one exit and definitely not one for one. We are in top car park and not moving. Half the crowd left straight after the game. This is a disgrace

Where / how did you pre book / pay for the parking?

Muffie

Yes pre booked car parking. Come out quicker st rugby league with 5 x the crowd. Enjoyed the netball thou.

Tully

Some random thoughts. Thunderbirds will be top 4. Great to see a couple of young SA talents get a run and perform very well in Allan and Horjus.

Moloney won’t make the World Cup team and Thwaites position should be shaky. Austin will give it a good push. Hopefully Austin continues to get good court time once Bassett returns. Philip had a great weekend.

How does McDonnell have a contract over Andersen at Giants? Makes no sense.

Koenen has improved a lot over the last 12 months. Looking forward to see how both koenen and Glasgow perform this year.

Tully

Yes pre booked car parking. Come out quicker st rugby league with 5 x the crowd. Enjoyed the netball thou.

How do you pre book? We couldn’t find anything online.

Ian

Woodsy

After watching the preseason live. Giants used all their players everyday and still performed well, not many other teams used all their players regularly. Some talent to watch their progress – Austin(Giants), Koenen(Lightning), Sinclair(Collingwood), Dunkley(Vixens), Glasgow(Thunderbirds) and a few more. Some of these players would get a start at other clubs. Neilson(collingwood) has improved alot. Firebirds n Fever will be in trouble if a shooter gets injured. ATN(fever) – wow – her confidence has gone out the window – can’t even shoot a penalty shot under the post. Kayla Stanton played well – she had to, there was no ither shooter until Fowler made a cameo appearance in the last day. A good tournment – it was nice to see some fringe players get a run. Bring on the SSN comp

Muffie

Your comments on Thwaites making the World Cup are harsh. She played well most of the time. She wasn’t the only one in the attack end who weren’t at their best in the final. Tegan Phillips played well today but she was hot and cold on the weekend. I could say that about a lot of players and teams. Giants started off ordinary especially in defence day 1 but improved as the  tournament went on. It’s pre season, new combinations and a long weekend. Romelda uses her elbows and didn’t impress me  this weekend but I wouldn’t write her off. Stephanie Wood has some ordinary games but her last game was her best. We shouldn’t be too harsh at this stage. Go Catty T I have your back

Tully

Your comments on Thwaites making the World Cup are harsh. She played well most of the time. She wasn’t the only one in the attack end who weren’t at their best in the final. Tegan Phillips played well today but she was hot and cold on the weekend. I could say that about a lot of players and teams. Giants started off ordinary especially in defence day 1 but improved as the tournament went on. It’s pre season, new combinations and a long weekend. Romelda uses her elbows and didn’t impress me this weekend but I wouldn’t write her off. Stephanie Wood has some ordinary games but her last game was her best. We shouldn’t be too harsh at this stage. Go Catty T I have your back

Let me clarify. I love Thwaites. I was fan girling her all weekend. But Mentor is in her head. Sadly Thwaites was off right from the start and first shot. I did agree with the GA -GS switch as Philip was shooting well and movement works well on Mentor but once Thwaites shot a couple at GA I would have swapped them back not taken Thwaites off.

We will have to disagree though. I said her spot is shaky and I think it is as Mentor (England) are going to be very hard to beat. I hope Thwaites comes out and completely smashes it. Philip, playing with a knee injury was great all weekend.

Muffie

Tully I don’t disagree re Thwaites in the final, but the mid court made some passing errors too. Collingwood were consistent in the final with less errors than other games. Nelson was v good and the coaches are doing a good job with her. Bring on the ssn , it’s going to be a tough comp and the most consistent team will get the rewards.

Tully

Oh agree I wanted to see Dunkley on for Moloney.

Nelson was sublime and deserved MVP.

Muffie

Collingwood, Swifts and Giants finished on equal points after the rounds. Collingwood won on for and against. Collingwoods first game was such a mixed bag. Going well then 7 errors in a row then good again then tons of errors then good. I said here we go again , like last year so inconsistent. Next game good , then they lose to the giants. They just beat the Swifts. They are in the mix for the top 4 in ssn but I would want to see consistency before I truly believe they are a new team , at least In their head space.

nuts4netty

ts4netty wrote:
    I have gone to tablet and can Chromecast for those having casting issues earlier.

How are you chromecasting??

Sorry, thunder 123, only just got back to the forum.

I just hit the chromecast icon and it worked for me, so no earth shattering solution for you! Sorry!

I was impressed with the quality, as good, if not better than the Telstra TV.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I cannot wait to see Tbirds with their full team! The defence end of Sterling and Guscoth will be the best in the competition. Both extremely agile and will go for everything.
    All will depend on their shooting and midcourt. Folau will add to their line but are they lacking in height?
    Will push top 4

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Harten had some serious strapping on her knee

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.