SSN on TV in New Zealand

Home Forum New Zealand SSN on TV in New Zealand

This topic contains 66 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  mcleod May 15, 2019 at 2:32 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    minkie

Yes well

We coulda/shoulda lol

I’m glad it was a good crowd, I’ll watch game tomorrow

Nesian

Only whiners compare the two comps, I bet you don’t hear the Aussies moaning about their ANBL compared to the NBA or their Rugby competition compared to ours. You would struggle to find a professional league in the world that has the best players in the world competing  that isn’t the apex competition of that sport. Why would the SSN be any different?

I only watched part of a couple of SSN games last year because it didn’t interest me. Now having Maria and Langman playing I’m enjoying being able to watch and I’ll probably follow the Thunderbirds and Lightning this season to see how they go. I know everyone says their comp is so much better but I haven’t been blown away thus far, lot’s of bad passes, turnovers and messy play. I know it’s only the first game and it will improve but I’d sooner watch an ANZ game where I get to watch some of our players and our youth put their hands up. I have however been impressed by the crowds in the SSN which is obviously aided by the larger populations.

ahdz

Oh I wasn’t comparing them, I just think they’re two totally different styles of netball and don’t need to be compared. I watched every ANZP game and now that Langman and Folau are both in Aus I’ll follow their games too

mcleod

I thought the Lightning v Magpies was a mistake riddle mess.  Vixens v Firebirds excellent shooting from Vixens.  Giants v Swifts bit of a fizzle. And the last game was prob the best.

Terrible penalty count from most of the teams, Sam Poolman 24, Manua 22.  Gaints will need to sort that, fine having a team of stars, but lazy defence.

TrentA

I thought the Lightning v Magpies was a mistake riddle mess. Vixens v Firebirds excellent shooting from Vixens. Giants v Swifts bit of a fizzle. And the last game was prob the best.

Terrible penalty count from most of the teams, Sam Poolman 24, Manua 22. Gaints will need to sort that, fine having a team of stars, but lazy defence.

Ironic isn’t it that as the NZ Umpires seem to be allowing a lot more contesting, the Aust season starts with so many penalties?

All through the ANZC NZ Umpires were dissed for the soft penalties they called and the huge gulf in Umpiring styles. Well after watching two of the games in the SSN this weekend, I’m wondering if the Aust Umpires are now calling to many soft penalties and the contesting they always seemed to allow isn’t now be allowed? We’ll see as the season progresses.

TrentA

Lol maybe Sky will want some NZ teams back in the SSN comp….. ;) :lol:

Oh yes please!! and thank you to Sky for getting us coverage.

Yes!! Let them expand it to 10 teams. Then Pulse and Steel can join the SSN. :-) ;-)

After posting this I thought about what I wrote and then thought – actually no to the teams joining. We just need another 3 or 4 players in existing team so that 5 or 6 of the Silver Ferns are in the SSN. Nearly the entire starting 7 for England are now in the League, South Africa has 3 and Jamaica 4 (admittedly 3 are GS and only one can play for Jamaica at a time).

The English VNSL standard has improved markedly over the last several years with players returning and Coaches no doubt getting feedback. The ANZP has improved as well as it has gone on, and allowing players to play in the SSN will see places  opening up for the newbies in the ANZP without the standard dropping.

The SSN exists and if teams are happy to contract NZ players, they let’s use it to develop our players and Silver Ferns Internationals like the other countries are using it to develop and grow their International Players.

It’s a win/win. The SSN has the Worlds top players, and the Silver Ferns get exposure to playing the Worlds best week after week.

NZChampion

Bang on the money Trent! I would love to know the new challenges Maria has faced in her build up to the SSN. Because most of the teams hit the ground running and that’s exactly what you want from a franchise and the athletes.

Baller

Would love to see more NZ players in the SSN and use ANZp as a gateway for talent. The same would go for management and leadership roles.

On a side note, there appears to be more accountability from the players describing their role in the timeout sessions. Although annoying as a viewer, very beneficial to the players for resetting performances.

TrentA

So, looking tonight there are no listings for SSN on any Sky Sports Channels as yet. Lots of TBC on the Pop-ups.

mcleod

So, looking tonight there are no listings for SSN on any Sky Sports Channels as yet. Lots of TBC on the Pop-ups.

Maybe it’s just a 1 off last weekend, they have a very large amount of live sport this coming weekend, so maybe still sorting what channel to put it on.

The email I got said keep checking the guide for updates.

TrentA

Maybe it’s just a 1 off last weekend, they have a very large amount of live sport this coming weekend, so maybe still sorting what channel to put it on.

The email I got said keep checking the guide for updates.

Haven’t got time this weekend anyway.

Sunday is already packed with Netball. Super Sunday to attend.

Then there’s another game on Monday night and then Wednesday night.

SSN might just have to be a catch-up via the Netball Show on the App.

:-) :-)

mcleod

All dates, times and channels are confirmed for the Live Netball this weekend.  3 from the ANZ, 4 from the SSN, and 1 from the UK.

MY SKY will be getting a big work out.

mcleod

Channel 55 for today’s game, channel 56 for the 3 games tomorrow (Sunday)

Looks like they are being repeated during the week, so if can’t watch, you get another chance.

They have also confirmed the channels for rd 3 and 4.  So the 2 games that are on at the same time/date next Sunday are both being shown live.

TrentA

Channel 55 for today’s game, channel 56 for the 3 games tomorrow (Sunday)

Looks like they are being repeated during the week, so if can’t watch, you get another chance.

They have also confirmed the channels for rd 3 and 4. So the 2 games that are on at the same time/date next Sunday are both being shown live.

Thanks for the updates. Saves time searching. :-D

daisies

I can only find one  SSN game on Sky Sport today – Swifts v Fever. Has anybody else had better luck finding the other games?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.