SSN on TV in New Zealand

Home Forum New Zealand SSN on TV in New Zealand

This topic contains 66 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  mcleod May 15, 2019 at 2:32 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    minkie

You’d assume they’d be happy with this, it’s pushing Netball.  Doesn’t really matter thou whether they’re happy or not lol.  ANZ have been making it possible for overseas ppls to watch NZ games via Facebook.

Sky NZ will only be doing it for the $$ as so many ppls have stopped subscribing to Sky.

mcleod

Wonder how NNZ and the ANZ Premiership feels about this?

Netball NZ are prob happy that Netball is getting more and more air time.  And as for ANZ well it’s a Australian owned bank.

To be honest I thought the games that clashed with the ANZ might have been delayed slightly, but perhaps the deal they got was they had to show all of them live.

moley02

The Sunday games will clash so I’m guessing they won’t be happy about that.

mcleod

The Sunday games will clash so I’m guessing they won’t be happy about that.

It’s only for another few weeks, many of the same sports clash, don’t think it really matters, most people that I know of have MY SKY, they can watch 1 channel and record 2 others at the same time.

amandalouise

So I’ll have to move to NZ to see all the games live on TV! 🤣😂. Coming with me AL?

first Jacinda Ardern and now the netball – yes, I’ll be there!

NZChampion

Oh yay! Was about to subscribe soon too! Yay I don’t have to now!

Ill probably record the ANZP games that clash. As soon as I empty out my recordings with other netball games. 🙄😂

TrentA

Really happy about this!! Have renewed my subscription too the Live APP, but that will allow me to watch when away from home, or at work in my breaks. So much netty!!

Have advised all my netty friends as soon as mcleod messaged. They are all really happy.

Sky obviously need content to fill the channels and replace the Sports Spark has pinched off them. Also with Laura and Maria both in the SSN it adds a lot more interest for NZ netty fans.

I wondered afterwards if Sky have done it this year due to the late start for SSN, and if they will do it going forward when seasons are more in line. Well time will tell.

So this weekend we have 4 Australian games and 3 NZ games. Next weekend, 4 Aust games, 3 NZ games (Super Sunday), then a Monday game and a Wednesday game. Not to mention the 1 English game and the Beko games.

Netty Overload!! 😆 😆

TrentA

Has there actually been an announcement though? Seems strange they would put it on without any fanfare.

Soft launch so as not to draw attention away from the ANZP?

TrentA

Wonder how NNZ and the ANZ Premiership feels about this?

Pressure to present a product that can compete.

And Laura and Maria are only the beginning of NZ players in the SSN. My prediction is that some others will join as well.

Ian

Well, I know from last year when games clashed, there were NZ people who said they preferred to watch the SSN over ANZP. And that was just on the app. If they’re now both on the same TV network…

Baller

Great news, will go and cancel my monthly subscription. Speaking about commentatory, I really enjoyed the graphics and tactics explained in the Australian games quad series. :tease:

JR

Netty overload – yep!!!

I’ve tried to work out how I can watch all 3 games tomorrow …thinking record Giants v Swifts at 1pm, then watch Mystics v Stars live…..then watch Giants v Swifts and then watch T’Birds v Fever on delay on Telstra TV late Sunday afternoon. Does anyone know how long it takes before Telstra TV puts the replay on after the live game is finished?

Goodness knows what to do next week when there’s 3 games played in each comp on Sunday and I am going to one. Eek!

amandalouise

if there do happen to be any in New Zealand with access to Sky who would be happy to record the 2 (streamed-in-Australia) games each week onto a DVD and send across the Tasman, I would love to touch base with you 🙂 It doesn’t have to be straight away, just at any point in the season!

TrentA

And I didn’t even need to set up My Sky to record. When I went in to do it the SSN games were all ready to go. It obviously knew I was a Netty fan from my recording of ANZP, Beko and VNSL games. 😆 😆

Kat

And I didn’t even need to set up My Sky to record. When I went in to do it the SSN games were all ready to go. It obviously knew I was a Netty fan from my recording of ANZP, Beko and VNSL games. :lol: :lol:

Yep mine was the same last night.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.