Silver Ferns – International matches confirmed

Home Forum New Zealand Silver Ferns – International matches confirmed

This topic contains 27 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  minkie Jun 18, 2019 at 11:32 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ian

DexiNBL

So I guess there’s no Taini Jamison Trophy this year? Unless it’s for the winner of this series in June, which doesn’t seem likely according to the article.

xpert11

So I guess there’s no Taini Jamison Trophy this year? Unless it’s for the winner of this series in June, which doesn’t seem likely according to the article.

The Taini Jamison Trophy was created to meet the number of international games required by Sky TV. It is possible that NNZ couldn’t secure enough international teams for the trophy in the lead up to the WC. However, I love the concept of an All Stars team.

James

I love the All Stars team as well until I read it will be up of ANZP players. I was hoping for some fringe SF’s, fringe Diamonds and some of the fringe Fiji and maybe Samoan players

ANZP will most likely be NZA team so why not call it that

Ian

Jinxibo

I love the All Stars team as well until I read it will be up of ANZP players. I was hoping for some fringe SF’s, fringe Diamonds and some of the fringe Fiji and maybe Samoan players

The all stars may involve Brice and Bevo

Bluebird

Um, feels like NNZ didn’t plan ahead and has had a bit of a panic.

James

The all stars may involve Brice and Bevo

Brice and Bevo as a combo would be extremely slow and no international team plays like that so it wouldn’t be a good warm up for NWC

mcleod

It’s prob very difficult to get any decent teams to play.

1. The SSN is still going on the 23rd June, bit hard to get world class opp, with most of them still playing.
    2.  England, SA, Aus, Jamaica will prob be getting their team into pre WC training.
    3.  A game against the blokes is a fantastic idea.
    4.  All Stars may well include un wanted ex Diamonds.
    xpert11

On balance of probability, the Taini Jamison Trophy was created to meet the number of international games required by Sky TV. NNZ may have done away with the Taini Jamison Trophy.

Maryann

Bluebird

It’s prob very difficult to get any decent teams to play.

1. The SSN is still going on the 23rd June, bit hard to get world class opp, with most of them still playing.
    2. England, SA, Aus, Jamaica will prob be getting their team into pre WC training.
    3. A game against the blokes is a fantastic idea.
    4. All Stars may well include un wanted ex Diamonds.

Well yes, who wants to travel to NZ that close to travelling to UK for WC. I guess what I meant was perhaps NNZ should have looked at the calander (a few uears ago?) and perhaps looked at when they play their internationals in preparation for WC. But then I guess they didnt forsee the CWG horror show lol.

mcleod

So the Men’s team, includes Junior Levi.  Hmmm, I see a quite big loss coming for the Ferns, and live on TV, media will have a field day, Ferns will go to the WC with the media giving them shit again.  Wonderful build up to the WC, I don’t agree with playing the men on live TV.

This game should be played behind closed doors.

Marrietta

I think Yvonne Willering’s concern re injuries has some validity, otherwise i’m looking forward to watching this match up with our men’s team. I imagine the media will give due respect to the physical differences between the two teams. I wonder where the game will be played? If that information has been given,  I  have missed it.

Kia kaha, kia ora Silver Ferns!

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Pulman Arena i think…..

Men’s squad was named yesterday. Very strong team.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.