Shadine Van der Merwe keen to stay a Thunderbird

Home Forum Australia Shadine Van der Merwe keen to stay a Thunderbird

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  James Aug 16, 2019 at 3:29 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    netballcrazy1

Emily Burgess is the other SA option. She played with the Thunderbirds in 2017. She and Maisie both play at the same state league club.

She has only just played her first Premier League game this week after coming back from rehab. No other prepared players in SA so I understand bringing in Van der Merwe

Tully

Sharni Lambden, Allie Smith are both ready for a contract in the next year or so.

Hopefully one gets a spot at Vixens next year with Ingles retiring. Smith more likely given she is in the vixens system whereas Lambden is a Magpie trading partner and has just had shoulder surgery.

Jbss

Yeah I hope one does, I’m also thinking Brandley might go to Giants which would mean Eddy could go to Collingwood and share GD with Garret the way Hinchliffe and Jenner did last year.

hiphop

Emily Burgess is the other SA option. She played with the Thunderbirds in 2017. She and Maisie both play at the same state league club.

She has only just played her first Premier League game this week after coming back from rehab. No other prepared players in SA so I understand bringing in Van der Merwe

I think she played most of ANL.

Tully

Yeah I hope one does, I’m also thinking Brandley might go to Giants which would mean Eddy could go to Collingwood and share GD with Garret the way Hinchliffe and Jenner did last year.

This would be good too except I’d really like to see both Garrett and eddy get full games. If Eddy stays at Swifts or goes to Vixens she would get full games (albeit mainly as WD and a GD change up). If Eddy goes to Magpies then she would be fighting Garrett and Braz / Rav for a bib.
    I’m selfish and for the Diamonds Future I want them both playing full games each week. I think Eddy will stay in Sydney though, she seems very happy there and her netball is going well (even though her family and boyfriend are in Melbourne).

James

Petty is originally a WD so could play there with Altmann at C with Nankivell as the back as I believe she plays all 3 positions in the midcourt

They need a GD/WD if Guscoth isn’t fit by the start of the season. Shimmin and Sterling are GK/GD so a good GD/WD would be good for them, maybe that’s van der Merwe? I would prefer someone from ANL step up and take the spot cos I don’t think there is anyone who is good enough at the moment (maybe Fran Williams or Stacian Facey?)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.