Roses squad named for upcoming tour to Australia and New Zealand

Home Forum United Kingdom Roses squad named for upcoming tour to Australia and New Zealand

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jinxibo Sep 11, 2019 at 5:23 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ian

https://www.englandnetball.co.uk/vitality-roses-squad-named-for-upcoming-tour-to-australia-and-new-zealand/

England Netball has announced the names of 15 athletes that will be traveling to Australia and New Zealand for a behind closed doors tournament later this month.

The Vitality Roses squad, which includes Vitality Netball World Cup bronze medalists Fran Williams and Natalie Panagarry, will play and train against Australia’s development team in Canberra, before both sides travel across to Auckland to face the New Zealand A side.

The Roses, who will be going on tour for the first time with their new Head Coach, Jess Thirlby, will depart the week commencing 23 September and return on 13 October.

The players selected for the tour are as follows:

Imogen Allison
    Summer Artman
    Eleanor Cardwell
    Amy Carter
    Sophie Drakeford-Lewis
    George Fisher
    Laura Malcolm
    Gabby Marshall
    Victoria Oyesola
    Natalie Panagarry
    Jessica Shaw
    Kate Shimmin
    Olivia Tchine
    Razia Quashie
    Fran Williams

netballcrazy1

Great chance to expose younger players who will no doubt be stepping in for some retiring faces in the next few years. I’m excited to see what Shimmin brings to this team too.

On another note, does the head coach usually also coach the development team? Eg. for the new Aus development team there are separate coaches. Interesting Obst isn’t noted to be on this tour.

mcleod

Shame they are playing New Zealand behind closed doors.

netballcrazy1

I’m so confused, so the English Roses will play development Aus and NZ teams? This isn’t the Eng A team? And then I ask where is Obst?

Ash72

None of those play WA as their starting position.  Surprised Parsons or Darroch not included.

Jinxibo

I’m so confused, so the English Roses will play development Aus and NZ teams? This isn’t the Eng A team? And then I ask where is Obst?

I know what you mean. They haven’t called it Eng A but technically it is it.

Take a look at the Netball Europe thread as that England team has very few recognizable names and Jess T isn’t even going.

I’m taking this tour as purely for development and chance for the emerging talent to trial for the Thunderoses team :laugh2: :laugh2:

I would liked to have seen Ella C in this team as she needs to step up.

Jinxibo

Forgot to say, I wonder if Jess will find time to have a coffee with Francis :d_training:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.