Roses Programme 2019-20

Home Forum United Kingdom Roses Programme 2019-20

This topic contains 60 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  madforit Aug 12, 2019 at 6:33 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Bluebird

netballcrazy1

What!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a secret Shimmin fan, I think she has a lot to offer and is underrated at times but since when does she have an English link?

netballcrazy1

The only person I think could be missing is Dunn but I don’t know if she was part of this program previously or not. EUB has another job so is never on the program. Good to see Guscoth on there too

Nimbostratus

Dunn has a full time job so wouldn’t be in there.

No Jade Clarke!?

familjen

Dunn and EUB are/were not full-time athletes.

Kate Shimmin is surprising but good for her.

Nimbostratus

I think this is right:

New:
    Kate Shimmin, Rebekah Airey, Yasmin Parsons, Razia Quashie, Jessica Shaw, Sophie Drakeford-Lewis, Laura Malcolm, Vicki Oyesola.

Out:
    Sasha Corbin, Kadeen Corbin, Jade Clarke, Ama Agbeze,

Continuing:
    Beth Cobden, Layla Guscoth, Jo Harten, Helen Housby, Geva Mentor, Chelsea Pitman, Summer Artman, Eleanor Cardwell, Ella Clark, Natalie Haythornthwaite, George Fisher, Jodie Gibson, Serena Guthrie, Gabriella Marshall, Iona Darroch, Natalie Panagarry, and Fran Williams.

netballcrazy1

Hmmm so none of the Corbins and NO CLARKE! Even is Shimmin never plays at a major tournament for the Roses, it will be good for her to be in that environment not only for herself but also to keep the younger players coming through on their toes as EUB, Mentor, and Agbeze will retire soon I think. So Shimmin will be a good bridging player

englishrose21

Really interested by this. How exciting to see Shimmo named, had no idea she had an English link. Been busy chatting with Tania and Chelsea. Good for us and hopefully we’ll see her this year in the quad series whilst Guscoth is out.

Glad to see the Corbins out, they need to make room for younger players to come through and they haven’t been great. Same for Ama, she had a really poor season with Pulse this year, I know she was injured for some of it but I didn’t see much spark from her. Although I have really changed my opinions on her in the aftermath of missing out on the NWC, she was very bitter. I think even if she was fit we were right to go with the players we did. She wasn’t first or second choice for GD or GK and was good to have Fran there as an option and to learn.

I’m surprised by the inclusion of Jess Shaw, I think she had an underwhelming season at Loughborough and from what I can remember didn’t play full games.

Yas Parsons was in the programme a few years ago wasn’t she?

I hope Gabs Marshall can stay fit, I really like her as a player.

I said I’d like to see Quashie, Sophie D-L and Oyesola in so i’m happy on that front and I think Malcolm had a really good second half of the season at Thunder so will good to see her again.

Do we know when Gibson will be back? I’m assuming it must be soon?

I hope Jade  is just looking to the future and taking the P3 route like Rach Dunn and that Eboni is continuing that route as although we all speculated that she was retiring she hasn’t confirmed it and has signed for Team Bath next year?

Bluebird

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/49248133

Explains why some Roses aren’t in the programme. They will still be eligible for selection through other routes.

Fluffy

Pretty much the best we can expect, tho am surprised by the Corbins…thought they’d be stepping up.

So how does Shimmin qualify?  Will ALL the England team soon have an Aussie accent?  😉

Ama’s husband is based in NZ so surely she’s heading back there now?  And will Dunn really have another four year cycle in her, as well as a full time job.

Really pleased for Yaz Parsons, who’s impressed in the past couple of years – we need some speedy midcourters.  Time for the youngsters like Marshall, DL, Oyesola and Quashie get their time in the sun.

netballcrazy1

Okay so Shimmin has dual citizenship, I had no idea about that

englishrose21

Explains why some Roses aren’t in the programme. They will still be eligible for selection through other routes.

Strange that it says this: Players unable to commit to the full-time programme, which started in 2016, could still play for England via the ‘P3’ process, they include Dunn, Clarke and Kadeen Corbin.

Does that mean Sasha Corbin and Ama are retiring?

Eboni said on Instagram that she is continuing with P3

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Shimmin!!! Just like Pitman,  will be weird to see her playing for England

_Mimi_

Amy Flanagan unlucky to miss out? Didn’t see a great deal of VNSL, but from what I did see/ hear talk of, she had a really good season

TheBroadbean

I really rate Amy Flanagan and any other time she would be a starter but it’s the old case of just too much depth at WD!

I always think of her as the unsung hero at Storm and Wasps!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.