Rore to miss Cadbury series with Calf strain

Home Forum New Zealand Rore to miss Cadbury series with Calf strain

This topic contains 102 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Jinxibo Jul 12, 2019 at 3:42 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Maryann

I hope it works too.  MSB wasn’t in any of the initial team photos but is in the one Katrina posted.  I feel for her too, they are very lucky that she is such a genuine person who is a real team player.  I just hope they made the right call, the last thing the Ferns need is a player that they have to carry like in the past.

mcleod

I hope it works too. MSB wasn’t in any of the initial team photos but is in the one Katrina posted. I feel for her too, they are very lucky that she is such a genuine person who is a real team player. I just hope they made the right call, the last thing the Ferns need is a player that they have to carry like in the past.

There is a post on a couple of the players Instagram of them leaving the Manor.  12 players are in the photo, no MSB.

I’m not a Rore fan, she is the 3rd option at GD and not a option at WD, but she is in the team, will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

ahdz

Ok let’s stay calm and positive lol. At every step of the way people have thought Taurua was crazy and every time the team pulls through. MSB is amazing and is VERY young, she has a long future ahead of her. She travelled with the team and got to be a part of it all. She’ll be hungry because she came so close. Rore wouldn’t be in Liverpool unless she was 100%! I’m happy for her tbh and I’m not a big fan of her lol.

mcleod

Ok let’s stay calm and positive lol. At every step of the way people have thought Taurua was crazy and every time the team pulls through. MSB is amazing and is VERY young, she has a long future ahead of her. She travelled with the team and got to be a part of it all. She’ll be hungry because she came so close. Rore wouldn’t be in Liverpool unless she was 100%! I’m happy for her tbh and I’m not a big fan of her lol.

I’m calm now, just had to have a wee moment.  All ok now.

Maryann

JR

Congrats Katrina and commiserations to Michaela.

MSB is young – there will be other opportunities. I am so pleased that Katrina gets the opportunity to banish the demons from last year.

Yes I know, and I too am pleased Rore is there for the same reason as you.

Baller

Well done to MSB for stepping up when needed.

I think Rore will bring experience and deserves her well-earned spot. NT obviously sees something in her to extend her rehab time in Liverpool. I wonder without the captaincy (on her shoulders) Rore might be a different player on the court.

Bring on Friday!

NZChampion

MSB will definitely be in the SFs after WC for many years to come. Cant bloody wait for that to happen. She’s such a leader in the making.

I just saw the captains have their photos on Langmans IG. They had a beautiful backdrop with the ferris wheel.

2 more sleeps to go! 🥳🥳

TB

No doubt this would have been a really tough decision for NT – imagine having to tell Katrina she couldn’t play! It would be so hard.

Congrats to Rore for staying diligent in her rehab, she deserves her spot in this team. MSB would have learnt a lot from this experience, no doubt she’ll go away with a real hunger to continue to improve and make the team again.

Maryann

Maryann

For pitys sake!!  https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/netball-world-cup/114118825/netball-world-cup-katrina-rore-declared-fit-for-silver-ferns

So she is not fully fit and yet they send a player who is, back to NZ.

minkie

Yup Maryann, not good aye

Waylay

Big call from Noels. I’d assumed Rore was 100% if she was picked but she is clearly not. With Rore on restricted minutes for the opening games, this means that 34 year old Kopua is going to be playing huge minutes in the first up games.

Rore vs MSB both at 100% I would pick Rore every day of the week, but in this particular situation I think MSB would be the better choice. But, Taurua knows her stuff and I’m sure she’s thought all of this through.

James

She is probably 3rd or 4th in line for GD anyway so wouldn’t be getting huge game time. If Kopua needs a rest Karaka, Watson and Burger can all cover GD. Probably don’t need Rore at all in the first 2 or 3 matches, rest her a bit more, make sure she is right to go for bigger games if needed

James

Karaka has also spent some time at WD but Burger, Langman and Saunders should have WD covered

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.