Rore to miss Cadbury series with Calf strain

Home Forum New Zealand Rore to miss Cadbury series with Calf strain

This topic contains 102 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Jinxibo Jul 12, 2019 at 3:42 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    mcleod

But isn’t the point of the training partners to also be able to field 2 teams for training runs? What is the point of only taking 12 players over and not being able to simulate a game in the lead up to the start of the competition. Australia seems to take 15 (with the 3 reserves for each area of the court) and then once the competition starts it is a wave goodbye because they can no longer take part in the competition. What would have happened if Bassett had broken her arm this year and not last at the trial game with Thunder? For the sake of an economy airfare and a bit of shared accommodation it is a small price to pay to have 12 fit athletes on board once the competition begins.

Michaela S-B covers GK/GD/WD and prob C if need be.  None of the other shooters in NZ fit the style or fitness required for Taurua,  Souness who was the mid court reserve isn’t really a option at C, so with Langman and Saunders covering that position again a reserve not required.

At this stage Rore is 80% fit, Ferns have 2 games against Scotland over the next couple of days, she will be given a lot of court time to prove her fitness.

NZChampion

Roll on Friday 7:30pm! Can’t bloody wait! The anticipation in the lead up is really exciting.

There’s quite a few short videos of the Silverferns on youtube. Their thoughts on the WC and what it means to them etc… Phoenix Karaka had a great interview and her reflection on the past 4 years since the last WC. Herself, Mes and Saunders talking about getting dropped then using that as motivation etc…

minkie

Did you see the ‘my 12 yr old could shoot better’.  😣

ahdz

Did you see the ‘my 12 yr old could shoot better’. 😣

Were they referring to Bailey? Oh stuff them Minkie, she’ll have the last laugh when she plays a pivotal role in winning the World Cup for NZ. Actually, it would just be the best thing ever if we do go on and win it. Then we don’t have to read or listen to how much better everyone else is because they have so many players in the SSN haha

minkie

Yeah, it must be coming up, it was just a snippet.  Cat of course asked the question about fans and there dislikes to Bailey of course. And thats what Bailey came out with, she did laugh thou.

James

Cat Tuivaiti has been doing Pass + Cut which is interviews with 2 Ferns at a time. Folau and Langman, Rore and Ekenasio are the ones I’ve seen. The next I think is Mes and Karaka

Baller

I have viewed all three pass & cut vids. Each player was asked at least one controversial question…comm games, selection, non-selection etc

Just thinking about the team, each player has something to prove this WC.

Hurry up Friday…

mcleod

The wee snippets I saw on the sky sport Instagram, showed Rore, in jacket, shorts, calf strapping, taking no part in the game against Scotland.

Maryann

The wee snippets I saw on the sky sport Instagram, showed Rore, in jacket, shorts, calf strapping, taking no part in the game against Scotland.

Apparently (I say apparently) she did take part.  No idea of the outcome.

Maryann

James

Katrina just posted on Instagram with a photo of the team saying going to World Cup so looks like they are going to take her

JR

Congrats Katrina and commiserations to Michaela.

Pardalote

Congrats Katrina and commiserations to Michaela.

MSB is young – there will be other opportunities. I am so pleased that Katrina gets the opportunity to banish the demons from last year.

James

I feel like MSB is a future Ferns captain, she will be around for a long time. MSB, Faka and Watson will be the Ferns defensive line for a long time – will be similar to Kopua, de Bruin and Rore

mcleod

And Ive seen a photo of the team, and MSB wasn’t there by the looks of it, perhaps on her way home already.

Rore better play a blinder at WD as that’s the reason she was selected as back up to Burger.  I can’t even remember the last time I saw Rore at WD, really feel for MSB, as Rore was supposed to have had a fitness test before leaving NZ.

Big call from Taurua hope it works out.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.