QUEENSLAND FIREBIRDS 2019

Home Forum Australia QUEENSLAND FIREBIRDS 2019

This topic contains 88 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Dec 14, 2018 at 1:43 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    sevm

Surely Aiken and Nevins are on the way to retirement?  I hope Mi Mi gets a bit more court time, I feel that she has a lot of potential.

Ian

I know it’s sacrilege as she’s been so dominant over so many years, but is keeping Aiken holding this team back now? She’s certainly not getting any better and she still gets the yips on many occasions.

NettySuperFan

Surely Aiken and Nevins are on the way to retirement? I hope Mi Mi gets a bit more court time, I feel that she has a lot of potential.

I would love for Aiken to retire, that way she can have a happy ending, and Firebirds don’t have to ditch her. She has given soooo much to Firebirds, it would be sad to see her not re-given a contract next year, but if she chooses to retire, it would keep everyone happy and nobody says goodbye on bad terms. Nevins is not ready for retirement, we’ve had too many this year, we don’t need another, and Nevins still has a couple of years in her, she is only in her early 30’s I think

Turningpoint

Aiken doesn’t need to retire. She looks like she needs to practice more. Anybody who misses that much under the post can’t be doing the extra work.

Just an observation.

CharlesWB

Surely Aiken and Nevins are on the way to retirement? I hope Mi Mi gets a bit more court time, I feel that she has a lot of potential.

Dunno about Caitlyn being on the verge of retirement, but Romelda has to do something, either retire or improve (if she can) surely the coaching staff can see that.

I agree re Jemma MiMi; she looks very zippy when on court. Needs more game-time to reach her potential though I think.

CharlesWB

I know it’s sacrilege as she’s been so dominant over so many years, but is keeping Aiken holding this team back now? She’s certainly not getting any better and she still gets the yips on many occasions.

I’ve been thinking that more and more the last 2 seasons (ever since her abysmal shooting in the 2016 GF — thank God she can rebound). I’d really like her to get it together for 2019 and then retire “on top” as it were.

_Mimi_

I am really surprised Nevins is in her 30s, I seriously thought she was about 25   :blink:

AM_nettylover

I am really surprised Nevins is in her 30s, I seriously thought she was about 25 :blink:

Agree she has a young face. Also think Mimi has so much potential as she is so quick! If she can utilise that speed like Browne has she will be unstoppable. I’d love to see their sprint scores to see who the fastest in the league actually is

NettySuperFan

I am really surprised Nevins is in her 30s, I seriously thought she was about 25 :blink:

Agree she has a young face. Also think Mimi has so much potential as she is so quick! If she can utilise that speed like Browne has she will be unstoppable. I’d love to see their sprint scores to see who the fastest in the league actually is

Mi Mi was actually brought into Firebirds as a training partner purely because of her speed, and to test Simpson with it!

Turningpoint

It’s no good having speed if you can’t combine it with nouse or ball play.

Browne improved her error rate as the season went on. She has a way to go to be a central ball player. As WA she is a little behind Liz Watson. Who she might beat easily in a sprint. Unstoppable?

Mi Mi hasn’t been tested enough in game time. She looks like she hasn’t instilled enough confidence in her coach.

CharlesWB

Jemma got a good few qtrs of play this year. I reckon she’s improved over what she showed in 2017 (not that she had much court time then) but, no, still not “there” yet.

Her speed is probably a by-product (or maybe the reason why) of her playing representative Touch footy.

AM_nettylover

It’s no good having speed if you can’t combine it with nouse or ball play.

Browne improved her error rate as the season went on. She has a way to go to be a central ball player. As WA she is a little behind Liz Watson. Who she might beat easily in a sprint. Unstoppable?

Mi Mi hasn’t been tested enough in game time. She looks like she hasn’t instilled enough confidence in her coach.

Of course it’s not all about speed but if that speed can be utilised effectively then it makes for a very good WA. I would say that Browne was unstoppable in the last 3 games. Simpson & JLP couldn’t keep up with her, Anstiss had her covered the first half but then Browne fired. I would say her speed is what prevented these WD’s from covering her, but of course it has been learning how to use it effectively. I agree, I would rate Liz Watson above Browne at WA, although Watson is also very fast but I would say her strength and smarts are her best assets (that drive to the top of the circle is also often “unstoppable”) 😆😆

Turningpoint

Nicely put.

:thank_you:

montyb

I think Firebirds are building nicely actually……Cassidy didn’t live up to the hype for me this year, but another year and solid preseason could do wonders…

Turningpoint

She is a really good player.

Very physical centre. She had a good 2018 and will live up to the hype in 2019. She has to with Mi Mi to press claims again.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.