SSN Preseason matches

Home Forum Australia SSN Preseason matches

This topic contains 160 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Tully Apr 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    mcleod

Parda, what position do you think will Langman play this year, WD or C??

Pardalote

H

Parda, what position do you think will Langman play this year, WD or C??

Hmmmm. I’m no expert, but you’d think Scherian is really a WA, and McAulliffe is a pretty good WD, so I reckon they will put Langman in c in the important matches

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Yeah without Browne, i expect Langman to play C and Scherian moving up to WA.

NettySuperFan

I honestly think that Langman will be played at WD mostly, and McAuliffe at C. I’m fairly sure Taurua prefers Langman at WD at that is what she played in 2017 with mostly Scherian at C and occassily McAuliffe at C. I think I read somewhere that McAuliffe was told she going to have to take more responsibility in the midcourt and would be played at C. The article also said she was extremely fit and did the second best in the beep test (or whatever it’s called) only behind one other player which I remember who it was (maybe Browne maybe langman)

It will be interesting how they do end up playing but I wouldn’t be surprised if Taurua at least starts McAullife in C and Langman in WD for their first game.

NettySuperFan

Hopefully that worked.

There seem to be a lot of preseason matches this year, which is good.

Ian

Firebirds defeated Magpies 55-53 in Bendigo.

Tully

With Clemesha in GK. I hope that Jenner-hinchliffe get tested as a Combination at the pre-season event to prove themselves as a combination.

NettySuperFan

With Clemesha in GK. I hope that Jenner-hinchliffe get tested as a Combination at the pre-season event to prove themselves as a combination.

These look like Tara Hinchliffes legs, so it looks like it is certainly a combination that is being tested. They are certainly the future defence for Firebirds and I’m hoping that the combination gets a quality time during the season, perhaps subbing Clemesha in every now and then, but I don’t want Clemesha being ‘the’ GK and then Hinchliffe and Jenner competing for the GD bib.

Tully

Good stuff. Photos I saw on Instagram had Clemesha in GK. Clemesha  was definitely on in the first half as the half time score update showed Clemesha and Hinchliffe.

So friebirds won each half by 1. Mi Mi is in a lot of photos. Hopefully she has had a ripper pre season and her ankle is sorted. I really think she could be electric.

Brig

Firebirds changed combos every q at the game today. Jenner and Hinchliffe probably 2 qs together and looked superb. Tippah Dwan played the 1st half and was really impressive. Good read on the game, played GS with Tippett and GA with aiken. Even pulled off a credible lay up. MiMi was great, Cassidy and Nevins were in great touch too.

Collingwood made only one change- brandley at GD for 1st half, Garret at GD for the 2nd. Pies were up by 6-7 in the third and seemed to have the match. Just lost concentration. Medhurst came off with blood in the final 2mins with the scores level. Sinclair on at GA and unfort a wild pass created the turnover that got the Firebirds in front.

Braz didn’t play- rav at WD, Madi at C, Kelsey at WA. You’d think Braz would bring more turnover ball too.

It was a tight game, looked good intensity.

Brig

Umpires: James Matthews and another guy, sorry didn’t catch his name. Shepard? Marc Henning reserve. My mum was upset that they were all men.

NettySuperFan

Thanks for that insight Brig. Sounds like Mimi might be getting some more court time this year. She fits in really well in Firebirds because she has that similar, unorthodox style of play that Firebirds are known for.

Tully

I remember posting at the time of Collingwood announcing Browne that they might play Rav at WD in order to fit all 3 into starting 7. I know that Braz was unavailable today due to AFLW commitments and concussion but I really think they may start the season this way. Braz is the bigger ball winner but they want the other 3 on court. With her style of game as well Braz would be an unbelievable impact player, which unfortunately may go against her when they assess the make up of the 10 (in terms of starting or coming off the bench).

Interesting how different the coaching tactics were. FBs running every one and Collingwood playing starting 7.

Great to hear Dwan is doing well. She is a great young player and as we all know Australia needs some youngsters coming through the shooting ranks.

Ian

Lurch was there. If you look at his twitter thread here, he goes through shooting stats & positions… https://twitter.com/xLurch/status/1099126684769382400

CharlesWB

So friebirds won each half by 1. Mi Mi is in a lot of photos. Hopefully she has had a ripper pre season and her ankle is sorted. I really think she could be electric.

I’v always thought she has a lot of potential. She showed it in all of the minutes she was on court at the matches I attended last season. Not always 100% but then I guess not getting full (or even half) games to play can make that tricky.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.