SSN Preseason matches

Home Forum Australia SSN Preseason matches

This topic contains 160 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Tully Apr 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

So which positions did Kelsey Browne and Madi Robinson play in terms of which one was pushed out to centre? I would assume Browne wouldve played C.

Glad to here that the Nelson and Medhurst combo is doing fairly well, and that Kim Rav seems to be performing well like she used to.

Maweni won’t take long to settle with Pretorious as her partner in crime. Proscovia might take a little longer, and would obviously be concentrating on making the midcourt-to-Peace connections as fluid as possible.

The first game score I am not all that surprised about, but the second I was. But I am assuming Magpies didn’t didn’t play all their best players, and Lighting did more so. I would be interested to hear about combos and player performances from the second game if anyone went and watched it.

Waylay

Robinson played C with Browne at WA. Both teams were missing key parts of their team (Brazill and Langman) but I imagine these two sides will have some close matches this year.

NettySuperFan

Wow okay. I honestly thought they wouldve preferred Madi in at WA and Kelsey at C because of her younger legs. Plus the fact that Medhurst and Robinson have really successful history together. But I wonder if Rob wants to keep Kelsey at WA and then use Rav and Madi in at C and try and build the midcourt around Browne at WA.

Tully

I would have expected Robinson at C over Browne.

Did Rav play WD at all with Braz out? I’d expect so and am therefore curious to how she went?

Will Braz bench sit with the other 3 on court? Braz is the ball winner though.

Ian

mcleod

Game number 1 will be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR

Rats, have a uni class all day Saturday so won’t be able to go…..

are these games going to be on the APP like the games on the 8th, 9th and 10th?

NettySuperFan

Game number 1 will be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it will be. But to be fair Nat has said that her and the fever squad/coach are fairly good terms, her quables are mostly with netball WA.

NettySuperFan

It is also interesting that Firebirds/Vixens and Fever/Magpies will be playing 2 separate pre-season matches as they are also playing each other in the TeamGirls comp thing.

Ian

Rats, have a uni class all day Saturday so won’t be able to go…..

are these games going to be on the APP like the games on the 8th, 9th and 10th?

I would doubt it. It’s not an official SSN competition.

JR

Thanks Ian…will just have to rely on the fabulous Forum to get my netty fix that weekend.

Ian

A bit of video of Magpies v Lightning here…

Rob Wright: Tassie Pre-season Camp

We didn't get a win in Tassie during our pre-season practice games against the Sunshine Coast Lightning, but according to Head Coach Rob Wright the camp was a huge success.

Posted by Collingwood Magpies Netball on Friday, 1 February 2019

NettySuperFan

See, that video footage shows a lot of Madi in WA and Kelsey at C which is what I thought would be the preferred position with Madi and Nat already having a combo, and with Kelsey having much younger fresher legs than her sister.

Pardalote

I want to the first Magpies vs Lightning game(the second would seem to have been closed to the public)  but have taken some time to get back on here. But I did take some notes (my netball newbie friend asked why I was recording positions etc, and I had to explain that i would be asked all sorts of details by you lot).

Lightning – 

Wood                –   Ga  Ga  Ga

Proscovia         GS   –   Gs   Gs

Koenen            GA        Ga   Wa

Scherian         Wa      C   (must have lost track in the last half, but she was caatain, on the                                               day, anyway)

McAulliffe       C          –      C     C

Russell            WD      WA

Unie                –             WD      Wd

Lee Jones      GK         –      –      GK

Pretorious      GD     Wd    GD    Gd?

Allen – did not take the court, I believe

Maweni         –     GK    GD     GK

Noeline moved her team around a lot more than Rob Wright.

Umpires were Bronwen Adams and James Matthews, and (from the sound of the cheer when his name was announced) a Tasmanian called James Adams.

Pardalote

Magpies

Medhurst   Ga   Ga   –     –

Sinclair      –       –      GA   GA

Nelson      GS    Gs   Gs    GS

Robinson    WA    Wa   C   C

Ravaillion    C     C     Wd   Wd

Browne       –      –      Wa     Wa

Brandley    Wd   –   Gd     Gd

Mentor      Gk      Gk    Gk   –

Garrett      Gd    –     –     Gk

Lambden – I did not see her get on court. She was in for Braz.

Medhurst practiced her shots more than any other shooter, and during the game posted up quite frequently, and also shot from mid range. Heart warming to see. Nelson is brilliantly athletic and had a great battle with Geva – I was front row behind the post and it was terrific to watch. In the last quarter her shot went off and she was clearly affected by the monstering (legal) Mentor and Pretorious gave her which was three things, I reckon: Fitness – they were still going and she was flagging; they had worked out her athleticism and defended the feed better; no Medhurst. Sinclair is an impressive shooter (she was the highlight of the Tas Magpies match vs Nth Ireland I watched last year) but does not have the magic pixie dust of making space that Nat has.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.