SSN Preseason matches

Home Forum Australia SSN Preseason matches

This topic contains 160 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Tully Apr 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Tully

It’s so hard to predict at this stage. I don’t think Firebirds will be as strong this year, Clemesha has room to grow in that GK role and she has two green GDs in front of her. Giants lose Bulley and Guthrie(and Pettitt but Basset has come in for her) so will have an adjustment period and may struggle as well. I haven’t really been impressed by Lightning preseason but they’re yet to show their hand anyways. Atm I imagine the top four will be Pies Vixens Fever and maybe Tbirds or Swifts.

The FBs problem is who will play GK against the tall aerial GSs. Clemesha isn’t up to the task. Hinchliffe will do well against the more mobile circles, Swifts, Vixens, Giants, TBirds but I fear just does not have the height and jump to compete against Fowler and Nelson

Ian

Geitz was a huge loss. They beat Fever with her there. Now you can’t see them beating Fever this year.

Jbss

Yes obviously losing a player like Geitz is always going to require an adjustment, they lose a lot without her in the team. Hinchliffe and Jenner are both better at GD imo and Clemesha is solid but will need to grow into the role. Simpson is going to need to step up and support the defence end a lot more. Their attacks also need to be accountable as without Geitz they won’t be given another chance every time they give up a TO.

Jbss

Also wanted to say how impressed I was with Lewis from Fever I thought her and Bruce made a very dynamic athletic circle can she also move out to GD or.is she more of a GK? Either way I found her impressive, there are gonna be a lot of young defenders competing for spots in the diamonds come the next comm games and WC which is exciting given the current diamonds defenders aside from maybe Brandley(who might make another four years too) will all be around the next couple of cycles.

Tully

Lewis also did very well in Brisbane. A back line of Lewis – Bruce – Francis is very athletic and intimidating. Fever will be right up there.

Tully

Going to be very interesting to watch the battle for the GA bib at Collingwood. Sinclair was good today before going off, not as strong in her second stint but by that time Weston -Dehaney were in synch. Weston had the measure of Medhurst today. Overall I thought Sinclair was the stronger of the two.

Muffie

Hey Tully, Thwaites actually won against Geva Menitor. It was a great game. Ty for your previous feed back. Thwaites May have learnt from it. Great action today ty

Tully

Hey Tully, Thwaites actually won against Geva Menitor. It was a great game. Ty for your previous feed back. Thwaites May have learnt from it. Great action today ty

Did you read what I wrote earlier today? Clearly not.

Brig

I thought Dehaney was outstanding this w’end. Really got them back in it yesterday  and was shutting down Nelson well.

summerhill3

Going to be very interesting to watch the battle for the GA bib at Collingwood. Sinclair was good today before going off, not as strong in her second stint but by that time Weston -Dehaney were in synch. Weston had the measure of Medhurst today. Overall I thought Sinclair was the stronger of the two.

I’ve been impressed by Sinclair but don’t think the attacking third is as fluid with her at GA. More difficulty finding the circle – it was particularly noticeable yesterday.

Weston played well but like a number of other defenders her age she frequently obstructs or jumps into a player on landing. It intimidates and can be dangerous at times. Quite often the umps just let it go, so the players keep pushing those boundaries.

Muffie

Sorry Tully  obviously missed what u said earlier. Can u send  it to me via private conversation. I missed it. I value your conversation. No against you. I’m a netball fan and not negative to conversation . Sorry,not trying to get on the wrong foot with u at all.

Montyandpoppy

I’ve been impressed by Sinclair but don’t think the attacking third is as fluid with her at GA. More difficulty finding the circle – it was particularly noticeable yesterday.

Weston played well but like a number of other defenders her age she frequently obstructs or jumps into a player on landing. It intimidates and can be dangerous at times. Quite often the umps just let it go, so the players keep pushing those boundaries.

I remember  an interview with Medhurst where they asked her toughest opponent and she said Jo Weston!

Cath

The Magpies have cancelled their preseason match with the Giants next Friday. They are suppose to be playing the Swifts on the Saturday as well so I wonder if that will be cancelled too? With Madi & Kelsey having niggles & Garrett on crutches maybe they don’t want to risk any further injuries?!?

Tully

Maybe but they have plenty of training partners they could run for the experience. I think lambden is injured but they still have Rainbow, Bragg, Gooden and Cook they could play to rest some of their key players.

Firebirds are playing Giants in brisbane on Saturday night.

Ian

The Magpies have cancelled their preseason match with the Giants next Friday. They are suppose to be playing the Swifts on the Saturday as well so I wonder if that will be cancelled too? With Madi & Kelsey having niggles & Garrett on crutches maybe they don’t want to risk any further injuries?!?

Hopefully they’re only “niggles”. They’ve had scans done and now waiting for results.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.