Post World Cup and SSN possible retirements

Home Forum International Post World Cup and SSN possible retirements

This topic contains 25 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Tully Jul 19, 2019 at 9:54 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    blondebomb

Thought it might be fun to speculate who will retire from Netball at the end of the NWC and SSN (those that havent already announced it)

Bassett

Langman

Harten

Aikten

Mentor

Green

Folau

mcleod

Thought it might be fun to speculate who will retire from Netball at the end of the NWC and SSN (those that havent already announced it)

Bassett (nope for both)

Langman (nope for both)

Harten (nope for both)

Aikten (yip for both)

Mentor (nope for both)

Green (yip)

Folau (end of year for both)

Add Rore (Ferns), Guthrie (both), Pitman (both), Thwaites (both)

NZChampion

I think Jade Clarke might retire.

Maybe Shannon Saunders from Silver Ferns. She might play a couple more ANZP though.

TB

I have a feeling Langman will continue to play, to help bring in the next lot of SFs. However wouldn’t be surprised if she called it quits from all netball, after SSN.

I really hope the Ferns can take gold, I think she is one player who totally deserves that fairytale ending (both at Worlds and SSN).

Kat

I have a feeling Langman will continue to play, to help bring in the next lot of SFs. However wouldn’t be surprised if she called it quits from all netball, after SSN.

I really hope the Ferns can take gold, I think she is one player who totally deserves that fairytale ending (both at Worlds and SSN).

Do you think it might depend on who is coaching the Silver Ferns and if they win gold?

I would like to think that Laura will carry on for another couple of years bringing the young ones up to scratch, but like you wouldn’t be surprised if she retires.

James

From your list I would say Aiken and Folau

Green, Harten and Bassett have all signed 3 year deals with Giants

Mentor I think is on a 2 year deal

Not sure Langman would be ready to retire. Maybe the break last year has added a few years, may even go another cycle

I think Thwaites may retire, Kumwenda comes back next year and I doubt Thwaites will want to move again and she shouldn’t be a bench player

Possibly Clarke, Dunn from England to retire from Internationals, maybe also EUB

Msomi and Maweni from South Africa??

TB

Do you think it might depend on who is coaching the Silver Ferns and if they win gold?

I would like to think that Laura will carry on for another couple of years bringing the young ones up to scratch, but like you wouldn’t be surprised if she retires.

Yes I do think it could come down, more-so, to who coaches. She’s still running super fit……but if they win gold, she may want to go out on a high.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

If Noels sticks around, I think Langman will stick around.

Folau Kopua and Rore will step down.
    Changing times for netball NZ.

Pitman (still can’t get over her playing for England), Clarke, Dunn will step down I think.

Guthrie and Usoro-Brown might focus on their career outside of netball. Reason why Guthrie left giant’s, right?

Mentor seem like she will never stop!

Aiken doesn’t seem like the same player. She might step down.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Would love the see Langman continue to show Souness Poi Burger Sinclair how it’s done!

T-BirdsAreGo

I disagree with you on Bassett, Langman, Mentor and Harten.

I hope that Green does retire, unfortunately I don’t think she is at SSN level anymore.

I think retirees will include Aiken, Folau, Medhurt and Thwaites

TB

I disagree with you on Bassett, Langman, Mentor and Harten.

I hope that Green does retire, unfortunately I don’t think she is at SSN level anymore.

I think retirees will include Aiken, Folau, Medhurt and Thwaites

Disagree on Green. It’s the CBass/Harten combination that isn’t working.

In saying that, wouldn’t be surprised to see Green retire at the end of this season.

CBass could potentially stay on, maybe until CWGs?

TB

ACTUALLY why would players be wanting to retire now?

They are finally making a living from their sport. It may be easier for them to stay playing, and wait to get pushed out haha.

Waylay

Green signed a 3 year deal at Giants didn’t she?

minkie

Katrina Rore Im hearing but maybe just a rumour and maybe not retiring, maybe just a short stint.

Bluebird

I don’t think we’ll see any Roses retirements, maybe just playing less? EUB isn’t available for every test series and uses a different selection pathway and others may choose do this too rather than continue committing to the roses programme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.