NSW SWIFTS 2019

Home Forum Australia NSW SWIFTS 2019

This topic contains 49 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Dec 5, 2018 at 9:54 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Swifts1

I’m very sad for Abbey she was a great captain but am happy if they sign Lauren Moore she good a couple years ago when was part of the Swifts team.

netballcrazy1

She’s only 20 so even a couple years ago coaches may have opted for older and more experienced but now she is at a good age

Ian

Your 2019 NSW Swifts

Take a look at your 2019 NSW Swifts, and give a very warm welcome to our 10th player, Lauren Moore! Read the story here: https://bit.ly/2M4fZZM#GoNSWSwifts

Posted by NSW Swifts on Wednesday, 5 September 2018

NettySuperFan

My starting 7:

GS Sam Wallace

GA Helen Housby

WA Nat Haythornthwaite

C Maddy Proud

WD Kate Eddy

GD Maddy Turner

GK Sarah Klau

Tully

Not a Hadley fan but I’d have her at WA over Haythornthwaite any day. Far more direct and purposeful with her drives in particular to circle edge. Haythornthwaite will be used well as an impact.

AM_nettylover

Not a Hadley fan but I’d have her at WA over Haythornthwaite any day. Far more direct and purposeful with her drives in particular to circle edge. Haythornthwaite will be used well as an impact.

Agree but I think Haythornthwaite will improve and will push for that starting position and give them an option at GA. I hope Hadley comes back strong after the off season and back to her best form as she was quiet this season

Jbss

I’d love to see Moore get some development at GD/WD this season even if she’s just an impact player eg if Turner is off move Eddy to GD and Moore to WD or make a direct switch to GD or if Eddy is off make the switch to WD. Would be nice to have some NSW juniors pushing for starting seven. When Claire O’Brien gets back Hadley will have trouble keeping her spot in the seven, as of right now, Haythornthwaite is a more natural GA and doesn’t bring enough drive which is a big problem area for swifts. At times this season the only one driving in the attack third was Proud and everyone else just floating off the body.

AM_nettylover

I’d love to see Moore get some development at GD/WD this season even if she’s just an impact player eg if Turner is off move Eddy to GD and Moore to WD or make a direct switch to GD or if Eddy is off make the switch to WD. Would be nice to have some NSW juniors pushing for starting seven. When Claire O’Brien gets back Hadley will have trouble keeping her spot in the seven, as of right now, Haythornthwaite is a more natural GA and doesn’t bring enough drive which is a big problem area for swifts. At times this season the only one driving in the attack third was Proud and everyone else just floating off the body.

Agree with all of this! But I think Hadley had a really poor season by her standards and hopefully will come back stronger next season and provide more strong drives

Interesting that Proud was identified in the talent group announced recently which sets them up for a future with Diamonds but Hadley wasn’t. Proud must have been one of the eldest in that group

hiphop

Agree with all of this! But I think Hadley had a really poor season by her standards and hopefully will come back stronger next season and provide more strong drives

Interesting that Proud was identified in the talent group announced recently which sets them up for a future with Diamonds but Hadley wasn’t. Proud must have been one of the eldest in that group

A lot of the girls from her age group are already in the Diamonds – Bruce, Weston, Simpson, Rav and Tippett were all in the same WYC team. Stanton was also part of that team and named in this list but Hadley and Shimmin were not. Brice is playing in NZ, Wilson is playing state league and Lange is on the come back from injury.

EastWest

Where and when was this group announced?

Hadley is an unique case because she has more than a handful of test caps, I’d say close to 20? And she has competed at a major tournament, I think they’d consider her experienced enough to need to fight her way back into the team/squad on form rather than development.

hiphop

Hadley and Shimmin were also not named in the Fast 5 team. Sam Poolman was named in the Fast 5 team but not in this TID squad.

Tully

Same with Charles. In fast 5 but not national development squad.

Hadley I understand as she is already a Diamond who will want to work her way back.

Maybe the criteria was age and experience? Majority of those in the squad are young and either training partners or in their first season or two of top level. Proud, Stanton and Turner are the exceptions to that.

EastWest

Sorry, I asked before – but where is this group listed?

Tully

I’m doing this on my phone so hopefully the link to netball Victoria works for you

Victorians named in National Talent Squad

If not it is on the netball victoria website

EastWest

Ahh great! Thanks for that. I wouldn’t expect a player with Hadley’s experience to be named in that squad. The only capped player is Manu’a and that’s been very limited plus she is coming off a major injury and limited court time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.