Noeline Taurua issues ultimatum to Silver Ferns: 'Get fit, or sit'

Home Forum New Zealand Noeline Taurua issues ultimatum to Silver Ferns: 'Get fit, or sit'

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  netballcrazy1 Dec 13, 2018 at 9:56 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ian

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Should always be like that!
    Interesting to read Jury and Kopua are most likely NOT ready.

Jinxibo

Yeah that’s what i thought… general fitness or match fitness  :friends:

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Well fitness wise, you need Mes there…..

minkie

Be very surprised if that happened TS

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Personally, I think Mes need to be there.
    Dunn Mes Folau Eke are 4 shooters NZ SHOULD have.

SR seemed slower and hesitant on the shot during the last few games. She might be the 4th shooter instead of Dunn ?

Falkner and Wilson are the other shooters at trials

In regards to midcourt fitness. Poi should get a chance. But ill be surprised if Crampton Langman Sinclair are not the main 3.

minkie

Yep agree
    But I’d be very surprised
    Noels hung with that team throughout despite stating she’d give everyone a go.
    TP seems to be following the same road as Bailey, keep her there regardless of form until shes totally crucified.
    Anyways I dont mind surprises but yeah ..

nanator

Id give Eke, Mes, Maria and Wilson another run in the Jan quad series.

Then NWC would be Maria, Mes, Dunn or Wilson, Eke or TPSR depending on who stands up in the coming internationals

mcleod

Id give Eke, Mes, Maria and Wilson another run in the Jan quad series.

Then NWC would be Maria, Mes, Dunn or Wilson, Eke or TPSR depending on who stands up in the coming internationals

Maia Wilson showed nothing in the Con Cup.  She is another one who was stuffed around by Southby and the selectors. My 4 shooters are.  Mes, Maria, Ekenasio and Dunn.  TP can sit this out, get the shooting sorted just like Bailey was told to do.  But with the Steel connection Noels has, I predict TP will be there.

TrentA

Good no nonsense approach by Taurua.

Mind you it’s already been said before IIRC after the CC she said something similar and indicated that she would be working with the ANZP Coaches to raise fitness levels overall.

IMO the issue with TPSR isn’t physical fitness it’s mental fitness. You can see her frustration written all over her face after she’s been knocked/pushed/shoved in the contest for the ball and thereafter her concentration and accuracy suffer. Happens in the ANZP as well. The thing that aids her cause is that when she has to step up in crunch moments she did/does.

Skyruss213

I’d leave ekenasio out!!!! Her shooting has been appalling and her court work and timing just seem out for me!

nuts4netty

Kat

Good no nonsense approach by Taurua.

Mind you it’s already been said before IIRC after the CC she said something similar and indicated that she would be working with the ANZP Coaches to raise fitness levels overall.

IMO the issue with TPSR isn’t physical fitness it’s mental fitness. You can see her frustration written all over her face after she’s been knocked/pushed/shoved in the contest for the ball and thereafter her concentration and accuracy suffer. Happens in the ANZP as well. The thing that aids her cause is that when she has to step up in crunch moments she did/does.

Has she really step it up.  It certainly does not seem that way in the last few games. I still question her physical fitness.  I know all the steel fans say she is, but in opinion she still doesn’t stack up.  I think she lacks PHYSICAL AND MENTAL  fitness.

Nesian

If I had to guess I would say that Toeava, Dunn and Fitzpatrick missed the fitness mark, maybe Wilson also?

mcleod

If I had to guess I would say that Toeava, Dunn and Fitzpatrick missed the fitness mark, maybe Wilson also?

Maybe one of them, guess come Friday we will find out who has had a to long a off season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.