Nevers Eyes Gold At Netball World Cup

Home Forum World Nevers Eyes Gold At Netball World Cup

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Rebound1977 Feb 14, 2019 at 1:55 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ian

TACTIXSUPPORTER

They could easily win gold, but also might not medal.
    Aus NZ Eng Jam and SA are all so even now.
    NZ are going back to the past with a moving circle… might work or will fail.
    Jam have the talent but will their Midcourt be strong enough against the likes of Langman Simpson Guthrie ?

mcleod

They could easily win gold, but also might not medal.

Aus NZ Eng Jam and SA are all so even now.

NZ are going back to the past with a moving circle… might work or will fail.

Jam have the talent but will their Midcourt be strong enough against the likes of Langman Simpson Guthrie ?

The SA v Jam game in the 1st group stage will be massive, in the outcome of who makes the semi.  Ferns and Aus are lucky to be not in the same section as England, Jamaica, South Africa and Uganda.  Being ranked at number 3 when they did the draw has worked in NZ favor.

Rebound1977

I think Jamaica’s weakness in the midcourt is that most of their midcourt players have not played in international leagues.  I am surprised and it may be a choice thing that Paula Thompson has not played in England, NZ or Aust.  After the way that Erin Burger played in the quad series you can see what a huge benefit paying in SSN a few years ago did for her.  She was always a good player but that level of competition can only help in your consistency and intensity.  the Jamaican midcourters unfortunately just haven’t had that opportunity.

Ian

Dare I say it but maybe they’re just not considered good enough by the people behind those teams. Or that they think there are Jamaican players better in other positions. Let’s face it, you think Jamaica, you think big tall GSs and then defenders, but not midcourters.

NettySuperFan

I personally think that Paula Thompson is one of the most underrated midcourters going around. I reckon she could take it to Serena Guthrie and any other midcourters. But I do think that Jamaica’s WA is weak, and frankly unfit and could be the weakness that other teams exploit.

hiphop

I personally think that Paula Thompson is one of the most underrated midcourters going around. I reckon she could take it to Serena Guthrie and any other midcourters. But I do think that Jamaica’s WA is weak, and frankly unfit and could be the weakness that other teams exploit.

Too many gaps in the Jamaican line is where I think they struggle.

Rebound1977

Agree – I have to assume that it is Paula’s choice not to play in an international league which is a shame because I think she is definitely good enough.  I was hoping like anything when Qld lost their centre a few years back they would have called up Paula Thompson as she has the connection with Aiken.  Burger did a good job but I think Paula would have been better.  Yes, I admit, I am a big fan.

I agree with your observation that Jamaica really need a good WA.  Although, I would assume that every other country in the world hopes they don’t get one…..LOL.

summerhill3

I think Jamaica’s weakness in the midcourt is that most of their midcourt players have not played in international leagues. I am surprised and it may be a choice thing that Paula Thompson has not played in England, NZ or Aust. After the way that Erin Burger played in the quad series you can see what a huge benefit paying in SSN a few years ago did for her. She was always a good player but that level of competition can only help in your consistency and intensity. the Jamaican midcourters unfortunately just haven’t had that opportunity.

I agree with the first half of this. But re Burger – she was tournament MVP at the 2011 NWCs. I don’t think SSN has had much to do with her form.

Rebound1977

I think Jamaica’s weakness in the midcourt is that most of their midcourt players have not played in international leagues. I am surprised and it may be a choice thing that Paula Thompson has not played in England, NZ or Aust. After the way that Erin Burger played in the quad series you can see what a huge benefit paying in SSN a few years ago did for her. She was always a good player but that level of competition can only help in your consistency and intensity. the Jamaican midcourters unfortunately just haven’t had that opportunity.

I agree with the first half of this. But re Burger – she was tournament MVP at the 2011 NWCs. I don’t think SSN has had much to do with her form.

I’m certainly not saying she couldn’t play before her stint in SSN and I quite like her as a player.  I’m only going on what I saw of her at the last Quad Series and I think she has stepped it up dramatically.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.