2019 Netball in social media

Home Forum Community 2019 Netball in social media

This topic contains 174 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jun 17, 2019 at 4:04 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Ash72

I didn’t really know where to post this, sorry if it’s in the wrong spot.

I saw this on The Goal Circle’s FB Page. Interesting interview with Nat Medhurst, well I say interview, the sound levels were a bit out of whack so I could ether have Nat bellowing at me like I was a team-mate who continually throws the ball out and hear the questions being asked of her or have Nat at normal volume but have the podcast dudes inaudible. But it’s still 60 minutes of Nat!! Dishing dirt, well not really, but discussing things we wanted to know back at contract time :blush2: and other stuff too.

The Goal Circle podcast interview with the Pixie

Loved listening to this, she’s so articulate and intelligent. I’m truly shocked at the way she was dismissed by Fever, but glad she’s playing elsewhere. Her honesty is so refreshing.

Pardalote

This Medhurst interview was a fabulous insight; it’s worth putting up with the vacuous interviewers to hear Nat’s thoughtful perspectives. Some highlights:

Tania Obst is the only coach I would play for at the Thunderbirds

Sports use that ‘sport is business’ line as a reason to excuse their behaviour and how they treat people. And, in my case, if I was an employee anywhere else I would have a lot more rights than being dumped one day before my contract finished, and the way in which it was done.

Sue Gaudion had no idea that Fever was about to sack the Pixie, and she thinks that Marinkovich was also misled by Fever management and hung out to dry in the media. Nat was given only an hour to contact her team mates before Fever made the public announcement.

It is worth listening to just for the story of her giving the kit to the Nettie kid.

And Medhurst has just been elected as President as the Netball Players Association

CharlesWB

This Medhurst interview was a fabulous insight; it’s worth putting up with the vacuous interviewers to hear Nat’s thoughtful perspectives. Some highlights:

Tania Obst is the only coach I would play for at the Thunderbirds

Sports use that ‘sport is business’ line as a reason to excuse their behaviour and how they treat people. And, in my case, if I was an employee anywhere else I would have a lot more rights than being dumped one day before my contract finished, and the way in which it was done.

Sue Gaudion had no idea that Fever was about to sack the Pixie, and she thinks that Marinkovich was also misled by Fever management and hung out to dry in the media. Nat was given only an hour to contact her team mates before Fever made the public announcement.

It is worth listening to just for the story of her giving the kit to the Nettie kid.

And Medhurst has just been elected as President as the Netball Players Association

Agree with all of that summary/dot points, Parda. I am glad that this post of theirs turned up on my FB feed (sometimes FB feeds are not so useful).

I still think Nat would make a great commentator post playing (whenever that is). She is intelligent, articulate and quick witted with an interesting sense of humour.

Ian

Thanks Charles for that. I’ve posted it as a thread now to make sure people can spot it.

Jbss

Yes I found the interviewers so annoying but particularly loved the story about the little girl. Loved hearing her opinions of Tanya too but shes not in the right space in her career to do another rebuild. Found it interesting when she said she felt Fever didnt realise what sort of a situation they put her in. How can you be daft enough to think that after buying a house in Perth, publicly committing to the clubs future and not having any conversations before the grand final or at all really indicates that Medhurst wouldn’t be in a bit of a pickle if she was suddenly dropped. I think Fever would have known what sort of a position that put her in. She still thinks their culture has a ways to go too given their complacency with 2nd place which is normally a gutting position to be in but I think they just wanted to still look at the overall positives and success of the club(which has been starved for success for so long).

CharlesWB

Thanks Charles for that. I’ve posted it as a thread now to make sure people can spot it.

Thanks Ian, I probably should have realised that a 60 minute podcast interview with Nat was worthy of its own thread!! :redface:   :blush2:

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Hobson

Ian

Ian

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.