MELBOURNE VIXENS 2019

Home Forum Australia MELBOURNE VIXENS 2019

This topic contains 103 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Jbss Dec 15, 2018 at 11:22 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    hiphop

So Kumwenda, Thwaites, and Venter?

No Kumwenda is injured. Thwaites, Philip and Venter. They have 11 players listed on their website for next year.

Jbss

This is weird to me, Vixens wouldn’t lose anything in signing Samason or Gooden in place of Venter in terms of ability.

Ian

Norma Plummer threw her to the wolves at GA at the Commonwealth Games. There have been interviews with her post the Comm Games where she has said it is an area of her game that she is wanting to become more confident with.

Yeah, but she’s still a GS first at the moment at this level and surely there’s a local who’s more suited to the 3rd shooter position. Because after all, Philip & Thwaites will be the top 2. At this stage, it looks like Tbirds could really have done with her. She would have been good for them.

Turningpoint

Yes. I think that CT will revolve through the GA position if Philip has a downturn in form during the game.

These are only moments for Philip. So they have options.

NettySuperFan

Yes. I think that CT will revolve through the GA position if Philip has a downturn in form during the game.

These are only moments for Philip. So they have options.

Well she did play a little bit of GA at Magpies in 2017, with ATN at GS, and she was…..ok

Tully

I’m still confused by Venter. I can only think that the conversation with Venter started before Vixens knew that Thwaites was available.

NettySuperFan

My starting 7:

GS Caitlin Thwaites

GA Tegan Phillip

WA Liz Watson

C Kate Moloney

WD Renae Ingles

GD Jo Weston

GK Emily Mannix

hiphop

I’m still confused by Venter. I can only think that the conversation with Venter started before Vixens knew that Thwaites was available.

That is very likely. I don’t think anyone would have suspected that Collingwood would tell her she would be unrequired for 2019.

Luvpav

My starting 7:

GS Caitlin Thwaites

GA Tegan Phillip

WA Liz Watson

C Kate Moloney

WD Renae Ingles

GD Jo Weston

GK Emily Mannix

Strong team!

Tully

That is very likely. I don’t think anyone would have suspected that Collingwood would tell her she would be unrequired for 2019.

After the surprise wore off it makes sense though. One of the biggest criticisms of Vixens over the last two years is too predictable, great starting 7 but nothing below it and no plans B or C.

Gooden was not up to SSN last season (yet…) so really they had one shooting combination (because I love MJ but would not put her at GA). Now they have 4 or 5 options, sure they wouldn’t all run out 60 minutes but they’ll provide a change up and get the defence thinking. Thwaites – Philip, Thwaites -Venter, Venter – Philip, Philip – Venter….

Dehaney stepped up last year so they now have a few defensive change ups (Dehaney – Weston or push Weston to WD and Ingles (with a pre season under her belt) to C with Mannix and Dehaney in the circle.

Last year they didn’t have a plan B or beyond. Wasn’t a lot on their bench they could draw on (and yes I realise injuries played a part in this). Every team has moved forward with their recruitment. I’m happy to see Simone work with Venter who could be the SA shooter for the next few years, great for the game internationally.

Tully

I’m keen to find out the training partners. I’ll be disappointed if Samason, Ellis and Newton aren’t there. All were training partners this year (Rudi Ellis joined mid season were they needed more defensive cover with mannix’s injury). Not sure who they will go with for the midcourt spot now Honey has been promoted to the squad. Lara Dunkley was there last year but I think I prefer Molly Jovic …..

Ian

Ian

Hobson

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.