MELBOURNE VIXENS 2019

Home Forum Australia MELBOURNE VIXENS 2019

This topic contains 103 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Jbss Dec 15, 2018 at 11:22 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Yeah, I assumed that’s what it was. Just didn’t understand why it’s MJ and not MK???   :dontknow:

all-rounder

Live feed on Vixens FB now – Thwaites is confirmed joining Vixens

Signed one year contract – hoping to ‘get out there and smash it’ next year and be offered another one

Magpies didn’t offer her a contract

NettySuperFan

Ok thats set then. Wonder who Lightning will get?

Ian

NettySuperFan

This will be great for Diamonds particularly to develop combos right before World Cup. Hopefully Thwaites can just get Phillip to blossom, and find some consistency to be awesome ALL of the time.

NettySuperFan

I wouldn’t be surprised if Thwaites works out really well, that they keep her on, and let Kumwenda go next season.

AM_nettylover

This will be great for Diamonds particularly to develop combos right before World Cup. Hopefully Thwaites can just get Phillip to blossom, and find some consistency to be awesome ALL of the time.

Yep it’s great for Kate Moloney too who I’d love to see given an opportunity at a World Cup

Ian

I wouldn’t be surprised if Thwaites works out really well, that they keep her on, and let Kumwenda go next season.

No, don’t think that’s gonna happen. Thwaites has been playing for a fair while now. Not sure how much longer she’s got in the game, but no doubt that Kumwenda’s got more years left in her and they won’t want her going somewhere else any time soon.

AllieC

I think Thwaites if she plays in will be a third shooter that can come on when it needs a change up. A bit like Cox in her final year.

I’m rapt, she has a great team focused attitude and she will fit in really well there.

Tully

No, don’t think that’s gonna happen. Thwaites has been playing for a fair while now. Not sure how much longer she’s got in the game, but no doubt that Kumwenda’s got more years left in her and they won’t want her going somewhere else any time soon.

Agree, all going well with MJ’s rehab she will be back.

This is perfect for Vixens to cover MJ.

Why did Collingwood not offer a contract?

Tully

this reminds me so much of when Swifts dropped Cox and she went to Vixens for a fairy tale farewell ….

Tully

Welcome Caitlin.

Starting 7 of Mannix, Weston, Ingles, Moloney, Watson, Philip and Thwaites.

I’ll take that.

Dehaney has showed she can offer them a defensive changeup. Now just to see who the last two in the 10 are. Based on the past I’d say couple youngsters to be developed. Fingers crossed for Samason.

NettySuperFan

And Honey for midcourt back-up

AM_nettylover

this reminds me so much of when Swifts dropped Cox and she went to Vixens for a fairy tale farewell ….

Except Kumwenda is injured so Thwaites will be starting for most the season…. Thwaites seems like such a lovely person and such a team player, having her and Kumwenda compete for GS in the latter half of the season will only improve both of their games. Vixens are looking good next year!!

Tully

Except Kumwenda is injured so Thwaites will be starting for most the season…. Thwaites seems like such a lovely person and such a team player, having her and Kumwenda compete for GS in the latter half of the season will only improve both of their games. Vixens are looking good next year!!

Yes, but Cox only went there cause she got dropped. Thwaites is only there as she got dropped. That’s the similarity I see.

I’ll be surprised if they rush MJ back. I know the season is longer but given they have such a strong option in Thwaites there is no need to push the recovery.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.