Magic sign replacement player

Home Forum New Zealand Magic sign replacement player

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  EastWest Sep 11, 2019 at 8:11 pm.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ian

She isn’t from the Giants. She was a Giants Training Partner and played for Canberra Giants in ANL

Weird they would sign an import who isn’t really worth it, you would think they would have gone with someone like Mvula or Venter, someone proven internationally

They are basically developing young Aussie talent

So she isn’t from the Giants, but was a training partner for the Giants, and played for the Canberra Giants.

So she is a Giants player.!!!!   (I’m lost)

He means that she wasn’t in the Giants SSN team, she was in their ANL team, so she was basically in their reserves. Don’t worry, I reckon she’ll be a good player for them.

ahdz

I feel like having her and ALM in goals might be a master stroke and allow the Magic middies to play a faster style of game. Well I’m hopeful anyway haha

sarahlove

I don’t think McPhee should be discredited here. I don’t think Marshall automatically gets her spot…..

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Marshall is better than McPhee currently.  It will force  McPhee to step up her game

Jinxibo

:blink: … So is she actually in the Diamonds talent squad?

cause as a magic fan i’d prefer a player who is an international or on the verge of being one.  Yeah that probably means an import.

Magic should have waited until after the Roses and Developing Diamonds tour NZ

al_ex

Strange signing but Marshall seems to be really highly rated by Kiwi fans (and clearly coaches) based on her performance at the Super Club competition. Based off ANL and NSW Premier League performances I actually think Letherbarow and Dwyer are better NSW talents without contracts but it’s still good see her go after an opportunity like this. I think Magic would have been better off with Mvula and developing ALM/McPhee’s GA games, but I understand that this is probably an easier logistic undertaking. Hope she does well and gets more court time than Hodges did!

sarahlove

If you remember lasy=t year, it was a given that it was going to be Falkner and ALM who would play the majority of the games.

By mid season, ALM was relegated to the Beko league because McPhee was performing better in the team.

I think Marshall will be expected to play at GA this year.

I hope all three get good game time.

Waylay

Great signing, Marshall will do very good things in the future. Sounds like Fitzgerald knew she couldn’t give her a Giants contract in 2020 so did some ringing around for her and got in touch with the Magic. Fitzgerald is a very selfless coach, does whats best for her players even if it means losing them to another team.

netballcrazy1

Great signing, Marshall will do very good things in the future. Sounds like Fitzgerald knew she couldn’t give her a Giants contract in 2020 so did some ringing around for her and got in touch with the Magic. Fitzgerald is a very selfless coach, does whats best for her players even if it means losing them to another team.

Yes, she has done it before from what I can remember and she offered to do the same for Hay before deciding to sign her for 2020

NettySuperFan

Yes, my opinion on her has changed quite a bit, I didn’t realise how selfless she was. Also had faith in Parmenter (and O’shannassy and Mc’Donnell). I believe she also orangised for Toni Anderson to play in England last year too (or was it this year?) when she couldn’t give her a contract.

EastWest

Yes, my opinion on her has changed quite a bit, I didn’t realise how selfless she was. Also had faith in Parmenter (and O’shannassy and Mc’Donnell). I believe she also orangised for Toni Anderson to play in England last year too (or was it this year?) when she couldn’t give her a contract.

Just like her persuading Erin Bell to leave the Swifts and head to Thunderbirds which was the beginning of her Diamonds career.

TrentA

Just like her persuading Erin Bell to leave the Swifts and head to Thunderbirds which was the beginning of her Diamonds career.

Well I hope she hasn’t sent Magic a dud like she did with Mystics this year. 😉

EastWest

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Haha. Interesting you say that because I don’t recall hearing much about the role Julie played in that signing.</p>

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.