Magic sign replacement player

Home Forum New Zealand Magic sign replacement player

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  EastWest Sep 11, 2019 at 8:11 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Maryann

Georgia Marshall from Giants signed as Magics replacement for Monica Falkner

https://www.netballmagic.co.nz/magic/news/7285-splice-construction-magic-sign-replacement-player.html

mcleod

Is she going to be worthwhile????.    Anyone know.

Baller

Must have been hard being a bench warmer for Bassett and Harten. At least she might get some court time. Welcome to the ANZp.

One of the things most ANZp teams do well is rotate their shooters. Look at Dunn, Ekenasio and Metuarau for example, 2 SF development players and a starting SF shooter.

mcleod

Must have been hard being a bench warmer for Bassett and Harten. At least she might get some court time. Welcome to the ANZp.

One of the things most ANZp teams do well is rotate their shooters. Look at Dunn, Ekenasio and Metuarau for example, 2 SF development players and a starting SF shooter.

Just like Keria Austin, what a utter waste sitting and watching the under performing super star combo.

NettySuperFan

Definitely. Did you watch her last year in the Super Club comp. She was a stand out for the NSW team! Can shoot long range, primarily plays GS (i think) but is small, and agile, enough to play GA too.

James

She isn’t from the Giants. She was a Giants Training Partner and played for Canberra Giants in ANL

Weird they would sign an import who isn’t really worth it, you would think they would have gone with someone like Mvula or Venter, someone proven internationally

They are basically developing young Aussie talent

NettySuperFan

She isn’t from the Giants. She was a Giants Training Partner and played for Canberra Giants in ANL

Weird they would sign an import who isn’t really worth it, you would think they would have gone with someone like Mvula or Venter, someone proven internationally

The article seems to indicate that Julie Fitzgerald put in a lot work to get her there, she does have history with that club, so they would be very trusting of her. I don’t think she is a waste either, I was really impressed with her in Super Club last year, and played really well against all the GKs she would be coming up against in 2020, so…

TACTIXSUPPORTER

This girl is good! Deserves a Suncorp contract.

James

The article seems to indicate that Julie Fitzgerald put in a lot work to get her there, she does have history with that club, so they would be very trusting of her. I don’t think she is a waste either, I was really impressed with her in Super Club last year, and played really well against all the GKs she would be coming up against in 2020, so…

I think she is a great player as well but considering the imports they had last year and they were barely getting game time I don’t see the point in signing an import who isn’t proven at top level or internationally

TACTIXSUPPORTER

She will be great for Magic. Very good shooter.

mcleod

Definitely. Did you watch her last year in the Super Club comp. She was a stand out for the NSW team! Can shoot long range, primarily plays GS (i think) but is small, and agile, enough to play GA too.

Only watched the Tactix, and Kate Bevys long range bombs (I was stunned).  But I will do some research.

tasman

I’ve said this in another topic but I don’t see the point in taking development players as imports. Especially in the anzp where import caps are in place. If she develops enough to become a starting player, it will only help the diamonds.

NZChampion

I was hoping for Mvula, but I guess the moving circle will continue for Magic.

I don’t think it will bolster her immediate Diamonds chances, but it may help her SSN chances in 2021. Similar to Hodges. It all depends on how well she plays and how well she adjusts to the NZ style. Hodges took a while, but she did eventually get there.

mcleod

So she isn’t from the Giants, but was a training partner for the Giants, and played for the Canberra Giants.

So she is a Giants player.!!!!   (I’m lost)

sarahlove

I think it is a really good signing. Mutually beneficial.

I don’t think the region suffers either. The next player (from Beko) who would step up in Khiarna Williams, and she is still only 16 I believe, and predominantly GS, from what we have seen so far.

Without Falkner, the magic are left with McPhee (who was great in her first year) and Latu Meafou (who ended up seeing the bench the most).

They really need someone who can play out at GA and we saw Marshall there a lot in the super club. She is well worth this next step.

Marshall gets the benefit of a paid contract, a different playing style and living a new experience.

Good for both.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.