Israel Folau with more controversial religious comments

Home Forum Non-Netball Israel Folau with more controversial religious comments

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Apr 22, 2019 at 10:28 pm.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Marrietta

I always wondered how Maria and ekenasio get on off court. After the stuff he posted last year ekenasio and her husband were part of a rainbow youth campaign that were selling T-shirt’s for support. That would make for quite an interesting dynamic off court

The Mystics coach said yesterday that Maria treats people with respect. She has certainly played netball with team mates who are gay women, and is not known for being discriminatory in any way. She certainly tweeted support for her husbands right to express his views last year, but has not commented since. Of course she will stand by him, but I’d be very surprised if she made any public comment. or if she shared the extremity of his views. Must admit when I saw his latest post ,and the list of sinners I thought that pretty much covered everybody. lol

mcleod

I always wondered how Maria and ekenasio get on off court. After the stuff he posted last year ekenasio and her husband were part of a rainbow youth campaign that were selling T-shirt’s for support. That would make for quite an interesting dynamic off court

The Mystics coach said yesterday that Maria treats people with respect. She has certainly played netball with team mates who are gay women, and is not known for being discriminatory in any way. She certainly tweeted support for her husbands right to express his views last year, but has not commented since. Of course she will stand by him, but I’d be very surprised if she made any public comment. or if she shared the extremity of his views. Must admit when I saw his latest post ,and the list of sinners I thought that pretty much covered everybody. lol

Yes Heaven will be pretty empty.

JR

and the list of sinners I thought that pretty much covered everybody. lol

Not Christian pedophiles. I know it was a quote from the Bible, so maybe they didn’t exist back then.

Ian

NZChampion

That was brilliant Ian! 😂 Never was a Mr Bean fan. But that was awesome.

CharlesWB

That’s because it’s not Mr Bean.  :mrgreen:

Rowan Atkinson is an amazingly talented comedic actor. (Black Adder is proof enough of that) Mr Bean was funny the 1st couple of TV shows. But after that. Meh

NZChampion

That’s because it’s not Mr Bean. :mrgreen:

Rowan Atkinson is an amazingly talented comedic actor. (Black Adder is proof enough of that) Mr Bean was funny the 1st couple of TV shows. But after that. Meh

😂 I have never heard him speak! That’s probably why I enjoyed this. I remember Black adder vaguely, but that was more my parents cup of tea.

minkie

Same
    1 programme of Mr Bean
    Give me Black Adder any day

mcleod

So it seems that Israel Foul, will appeal his sacking from the ARU.  The appeal will prob be heard sometime next week.

Will Maria be there to support him?.  I am guessing there are 2 public holidays in Aus next week (Easter Monday and ANZAC Day).

So that only leaves Tues, Wed and Fri, I doubt the ARU will want to pay lawyers double or triple pay.  Plus with the SSN starting next weekend,  will Maria be actually mentally ready to be playing, will she attend the trainings, while hubby is fighting to keep his million $$$ a year job.

minkie

Be a major uproar if he somehow managed to keep his job.
    ARU dont want him
    NRL dont want him
    France doesnt want him
    Izzy shouldve kept him mouth shut
    We’re all answerable to our employers

minkie

🤔🤔🤔#Rugby

Posted by Sporting News Australia on Tuesday, April 16, 2019

xpert11

Be a major uproar if he somehow managed to keep his job.

ARU dont want him

NRL dont want him

France doesnt want him

Izzy shouldve kept him mouth shut

We’re all answerable to our employers

Folau chose religious and perhaps sporting martyrdom. I am an Atheist. So I find his comments meaningless. But I do accept the terrible toll his comments take on people facing discrimination on the basis of their sexuality, or people struggling to with their sexuality.

Ian

Check this out…

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.