Israel Folau with more controversial religious comments

Home Forum Non-Netball Israel Folau with more controversial religious comments

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Apr 22, 2019 at 10:28 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Drewski

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/unacceptable-fresh-posts-put-folau-on-collision-course-with-rugby-australia-20190410-p51czx.html

“The decorated Wallabies fullback took to social media with more commentary on sexuality and religion, including an Instagram post that declared gay people would go to hell.“

mcleod

I would seem he is gone from the Wallabies and Warrathas.  Wonder where this leaves Maria!!!.  (Actually I don’t really care).  I don’t think there is a spot for her in the Ferns, being aligned to his beliefs, is not something the Ferns and Netball NZ, will be needing.

JR

AllieC

You have to wonder if he had any thoughts about how this might affect Maria settling in to the Tbirds.  Building relationships with her teammates is going to be difficult enough given she isn’t living in Adelaide but this will make it even harder.

minkie

I just hope she doesn’t support him via social media because then it could be awkward.  Didn’t she support his views last time via Insta?

Hopefully Maria can just focus on her netty.

AllieC

I haven’t seen anything yet Minkie but yes she made it very clear last time that she totally backed her husband.

Ian

xpert11

You have to wonder if he had any thoughts about how this might affect Maria settling in to the Tbirds. Building relationships with her teammates is going to be difficult enough given she isn’t living in Adelaide but this will make it even harder.

Did Folau set out to get his contract terminated by Rugby Australia? He could have posted bible quotes, his support for Christians facing persecution in the middle east, or support Christian NGOs, none of which would have gotten him hot water.

minkie

Makes you wonder doesn’t it Xpert11.  His motives and what he could have chosen to support.

amandalouise

You have to wonder if he had any thoughts about how this might affect Maria settling in to the Tbirds. Building relationships with her teammates is going to be difficult enough given she isn’t living in Adelaide but this will make it even harder.

Did Folau set out to get his contract terminated by Rugby Australia? He could have posted bible quotes, his support for Christians facing persecution in the middle east, or support Christian NGOs, none of which would have gotten him hot water.

I think Sydney commentator Peter Fitzsimons suggested just that in a recent article

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Peta Toeava liked his disgusting post. Seriously…..

NZChampion

Well done RA! 👏🏽👏🏽

Why he risked his job to post what he did is beyond me. I believe freedom to think and freedom of speech. But when it effects your job, feel free to think instead. Or post the positive aspects of your belief.

As for Maria, I have a feeling she will stand by her man. If she posts any type of support for his actions, then I expect her to be chopped from the Silverferns. That kind of drama isn’t what we need going into WCs. I’m pretty sure the crowd will let her know as well. No thanks, we get boo’d enough as it is lol.

Ian

Ian

moley02

I always wondered how Maria and ekenasio get on off court. After the stuff he posted last year ekenasio and her husband were part of a rainbow youth campaign that were selling T-shirt’s for support. That would make for quite an interesting dynamic off court

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.