How one shot changed a sport – netball in England after Commonwealth gold

Home Forum United Kingdom How one shot changed a sport – netball in England after Commonwealth gold

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bluebird Jul 10, 2019 at 8:02 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian

boogieya

Actually I would go so far as to say

2 matches in the 2018 CWG, each with a one goal winning shot that has changed England Netball.

Yes Helen Housby’s was the icing on the cake the cherry on the top

BUT

Jo Harten’s last second goal in the semis finals against Jamaica (of all countries) was the trigger point.

⚪️⚫️Fan

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌹supporter

TACTIXSUPPORTER

This is England’s time.
    Never will they have such a strong team again! No weaknesses at all.
    Harten back at GS where she belongs.

Any news on Nat H? Is she back playing?

albinogiraffe

Nat H had a little run around against Thunder in the warm up game this weekend….. hopefully that’s a good sign and there have been no ill-effects today!

Fluffy

Actually I would go so far as to say

2 matches in the 2018 CWG, each with a one goal winning shot that has changed England Netball.

Yes Helen Housby’s was the icing on the cake the cherry on the top

BUT

Jo Harten’s last second goal in the semis finals against Jamaica (of all countries) was the trigger point.

⚪️⚫️Fan

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌹supporter

Absolutely – I’d say Jo’s goal was way more important because we never really looked like winning up to that point!

Bluebird

That grinding out the win against Jamaica was incredibly important. It gave the team a massive boost of self belief, it put all those CWG 2014 lost by x1 goals properly into the past.  I still believe Australia lost that final because all their previous matches didn’t test them to the limit. By the time England got there they were battle hardened.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.