HERTFORDSHIRE MAVERICKS 2019

Home Forum United Kingdom HERTFORDSHIRE MAVERICKS 2019

This topic contains 86 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ian May 21, 2019 at 6:51 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Ash72

That was incredibly annoying last night. Why change the line up when you have Wasps rattled?!

Totally agree!!!!! Removing the excellent Jo Tripp from GD for bloody Lindsey Keable  :fie:

George Fisher was impressive though

Also shows what a massive loss to England it was when Sophia Candappa suffered repeated injuries. What an amazing WA she is!

Bluebird

That was incredibly annoying last night. Why change the line up when you have Wasps rattled?!

Totally agree!!!!! Removing the excellent Jo Tripp from GD for bloody Lindsey Keable :fie:

George Fisher was impressive though

Also shows what a massive loss to England it was when Sophia Candappa suffered repeated injuries. What an amazing WA she is!

Yes, she made a huge  impact.

So glad Fisher moved from Wasps. The more game time she gets, the better for Roses.  And Quashie was fabulous.

Ash72

Agree again re: Fisher & Quashie (😁).

I thought both Corbins were pretty average in that match and Sasha particularly looked like she was struggling at C.

Bluebird

I prefer Sasha at WA. But Kadeen could do with cutting out the errors. I think shes better at GS than GA, but I dont want to see Fisher on the bench. They need another GA to keep her on her toes.  If I was the coach I’d be looking for a WA/GA next season.  They need a Haythornthwaite.

Ian

netballnut

I prefer Sasha at WA. But Kadeen could do with cutting out the errors. I think shes better at GS than GA, but I dont want to see Fisher on the bench. They need another GA to keep her on her toes. If I was the coach I’d be looking for a WA/GA next season. They need a Haythornthwaite.

I thought they had Sophie Hankin as another GA? She was great a few years back but I don’t remember seeing much of her recently.

TheBroadbean

Yep to be fair, they usually have Gabby Marshall at C so I don’t think we’ll be seeing Sasha Corbin at C too much.

Quite a close game as I knew it would be, don’t understand the Keable move either. She looked lost in the circle although to be fair, I’ve never been a massive fan. Very flat footed,

Quashie was cracking and will definitely be a welcome addition to the England squad. Sort of like EBC.

I wonder why Karyn Bailey wasn’t in the squad? I’ve said it before but she would be better signing with another club as they are always going to want to pay Fisher over her. It’s a shame as she was really good last season and in the Fast5 tournament.

Bluebird

Hankin moved to Team Northumbria and is now at London Pulse.

I’m assuming Bailey is injured as im sure she’s in this seasons squad.

netballnut

Bluebird

How strange, I completely imagined the move to Pulse LOL

netballnut

How strange, I completely imagined the move to Pulse LOL

No worries – I had to double check myself to be sure!

Ash72

Hankin at GA and Fisher at GS could be a cracking combination. One thing about Hankin is that she will shoot from anywhere (and she’s pretty accurate) and with Fisher being equally good from distance they could really confuse the other teams defenders.

Unlike Kadeen: defenders know she’s never going to take a long (or even middle distance) shot so they set up accordingly and they know that her fellow shooter will be expected to take the majority of shots so plan their strategy for that.

I’d love to see Hankin and Fisher together;  but is Kat Ratnapala brave enough to bench Corbin? :dontknow:

Ian

Ian

Bluebird

Why move Tripp to GK when Quashie was injured? Why not put Keable as GK and shut down the overheads to Rowe?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.