HERTFORDSHIRE MAVERICKS 2019

Home Forum United Kingdom HERTFORDSHIRE MAVERICKS 2019

This topic contains 86 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ian May 21, 2019 at 6:51 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Fluffy

I don’t really get London Pulse?

Do they have a team already? I think they appear to, so are they the Superleague team or are they recruiting for a new set of players?

There don’t appear to be that many left as a lot have signed with existing franchises…

Neither can I – Storm is supposed to cover off Surrey / Kent / Hants and then Mavs covering off the north of London counties – what on earth Pulse is going to add to the mix, Lord alone knows (other than a load more games at the bloomin’ Copper Box).  Still can’t see the point of Stars when Bath and Wasps already cover off that part of the country:  and so so many people are EN members in the NE and Yorkshire, to not have a franchise up there is madness.  Is it really just because they didn’t have a suitable stadium? It seemed to work when they were using Humberside for Jets?  And didn’t Northumbria build their own purpose build mega-sports facility?  Something fishy giong on.

Ticking them off, there really aren’t many players left as far as I can see that Pulse can recruit:  and if they overlap so closely, they’re surely cannibalising each others’ audiences?  Can’t fathom the reasoning.

Ian

Just seems to be a development team at this stage? Who knows maybe they’ll find someone else. I haven’t started up a London Pulse thread yet. Still waiting for them to actually announce something!

TheBroadbean

Apparently the Pulse website is going to go live next week.

They appear to have a team but I assumed they played in the Premier League, like Oldham which is basically the Manchester Thunder and other players. Are the Premier team just going to become the Superleague team? Bit of a step up…!

Also, I know it sounds wrong but you do need to have some signings to get interest and based on who is left unsigned there isn’t too many big names. I think Amanda Newton is the coach but don’t know too much really.

Ash72

Yes we’ve got Newcastle Sports Central, which was purpose built and is a very suitable venue. To be honest we’ve also got Gateshead International Stadium (15 minutes drive from me?), so it’s definitely not a venue issue. Newcastle has plenty of venues and when Anita Navin and Denise Egan were involved in netball up here there was “lots of excitement” about our future…..hmm they’re both based down South now aren’t they? It stinks….

Bluebird

Northumbria axed all its elite sports teams. It could be that it was a scramble to fill the space in the league at short notice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44778994

Ian

TheBroadbean

The last two players to sign are……

Karyn Bailey and Jo Trip! Jo seems to have settled here now as she has played for Loughborough for a few season and Storm last year.

The only thing from what I can see is that they have signed 4 good shooters (although this includes Kadeen and you never really know how she is going to perform) – George Fisher, Karyn Bailey, Sophie Hankin and Kadeen Corbin…

I quite like Sophie Hankin but not sure how much game time she is going to get over Corbin as I’m assuming the others will be GS..

Raz99

Karyn Bailey will no doubt teach George Fisher a heap but it’s not good for Fisher’s development (or for the Roses) to have her not in the starting 7 for her domestic team. Unless they run Bailey or Fisher as GA

Ian

Ian

Ian

Mavericks 2019
    Karyn Bailey
    Steph Collard
    Kadeen Corbin
    Sasha Corbin
    Michelle Drayen
    Beth Ecuyer-Dale
    Georgina Fisher
    Sophie Hankin
    Lindsay Keable
    Ellie Kelk
    Georgia Lees
    Gabby Marshall
    Danielle McFarlane
    Razia Quashie
    Jo Trip

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.